Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
How's your wifi working on your 5S? Mine seems to be very finicky and is always switching between wifi and LTE. My iPad has no problem and neither does my mom's 4S. Anyone else notice similar wifi issues?

scapegoat81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2012
Philly
Both me and my wife's phone has been acting up ever since iOS 7. I initially thought it was my 5s, but found out it's both phones (she has a 4s).
The status bar will show that we are still connected to wifi, but once in a while weird things will happen. An iMessage won't send, unable to update fb status, an email won't send, a pic on twitter won't load, etc. But as soon as I disable wifi in control center, and/or turn it back on & send LTE or wifi again, data will send. Weird.
Again, I don't know if it's iOS 7, my Linksys router or what. It's just odd that it started outta nowhere after updating both iPhones (5s & 4s) to iOS 7.

ewils19

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Dallas, TX
My 5s doesn't seem to pick up wifi signals as easily as my 4S did. There are a few rooms at home and at work where I got wifi on my 4S that I don't on my 5s. Not a huge deal since LTE is so fast.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Hmm, so it seems that some 5S's are fine while others are not. I've had 2 5S's so far and both have had crappy wifi but I'm about to go and get yet another 5S so we'll see how that one does.

Edit: It just did it again. Didn't even move my position and it switched from full bars of wifi to 2 bars of LTE and can no longer find the wifi network.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
My 5S also has crappy wifi,where my old 5 would have two bars my 5S switches to LTE. Not a big deal to me.

This is what I've also noticed. Quite annoying since I'm on a tiered data plan and when it randomly switches to LTE I might not notice it and end up going through my monthly data allowance.

justiny

Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Bubbletucky
My wifi crapped out on me last night for the first time when I was attempting to upload a video. My iPad was right next to it and never lost the signal. Hopefully that was just a fluke and doesn't become a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.