Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HeroBiX

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
I just started my new MacBook Pro, I been using Mac for around six years now, why I say that is this is really strange

When I press "ALT + 2" I get the "TM" symbol instead of "@", which gets really enjoying, I'm using Swedish keyboard and on my old MacBook which is on 10.5 works perfectly fine with getting "@" with "ALT + 2" and I have also tried all different keyboard combinations

when I use Canadian keyboard, my @ works, but now I can't make " instead, how can I kill the TM?

I found out that I need to press "ALT + *" to get "@", but... how can I change this? it's really annoying having a complete different key combination, how can I change it?

Last edited:

shurcooL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Is there a reason you don't want to use the standard shortcut Shift + 2 to get "@"?

Andrk

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2016
Stockholm, Sweden
I just started my new MacBook Pro, I been using Mac for around six years now, why I say that is this is really strange

When I press "ALT + 2" I get the "TM" symbol instead of "@", which gets really enjoying, I'm using Swedish keyboard and on my old MacBook which is on 10.5 works perfectly fine with getting "@" with "ALT + 2" and I have also tried all different keyboard combinations

when I use Canadian keyboard, my @ works, but now I can't make " instead, how can I kill the TM?

I found out that I need to press "ALT + *" to get "@", but... how can I change this? it's really annoying having a complete different key combination, how can I change it?

Hi, so this is much simpler than one might think - there are sever versions of a language in the system preferences, keyboard input menu. Choose Swedish for instance, but make sure you choose Swedish PRO (then it ends up in the right place).

Peace

KevKar

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2017
Stockholm
Hi, so this is much simpler than one might think - there are sever versions of a language in the system preferences, keyboard input menu. Choose Swedish for instance, but make sure you choose Swedish PRO (then it ends up in the right place).

Thanks so much Andrk! I had the same issue, which drove me crazy for three days, looking for the cause. So you provided the solution! But the question still remains about the cause.. Why did this suddenly happen? I have been using the Macbook for more than a year.. What can change these settings, if the user doesn't?

Last edited by a moderator:

1Mei9

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2018

Peace

But where is the Swedish Pro. I could not find out it.
[doublepost=1541364408][/doublepost]

Hi, It has made me mad for 1 year. I just don't know how to type @ .unitil 10 minutes ago I decided to solve the problem. How shame ... Anyway, thank you so much. And, I registered to express my gratefulness.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.