Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmhall9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Summerville
I just tried to update Google Chrome. After I drag the Chrome icon to the dentition directory I get an error message that the file already exists. I can skip, replace or keep both. If I select replace it will not allow the update. If I keep both a second icon is created with the number 2 after it. "Google Chrome 2" This works but now I have a second copy of the program.
This is also accruing to Plug-ins I try to update.

Nov 28, 2010
located
What is the "dentition" directory?
What if you, after a second copy has been created, delete the first one via CMD+Backspace (the one without the "2").
Have you checked Finder > select "Applications" folder >> GET INFO >>> Sharing & Permissions yet?
MR_SS_2011_04_GET-INFO_format_permissions.png

cmhall9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Summerville
What is the "dentition" directory?
What if you, after a second copy has been created, delete the first one via CMD+Backspace (the one without the "2").
Have you checked Finder > select "Applications" folder >> GET INFO >>> Sharing & Permissions yet?

I've tried to search for the original file but all I can find is "Google Chrome 2." And if I try to rename it by removing the 2 it says a file "Google Chrome" already exists.

cmhall9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Summerville
Great videos.

I was able to find the "Google Chrome" app and delete it. I was then able to renamed the second one.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.