Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:29 PM   #26
iEvolution
macrumors 65816

No because the 9.7" is superior in performance and size. Never once thought to myself gee I want a iPad ~1.8 inches smaller with 2 year-old hardware specs.

Would be more interested in the device if it had the A6 more so than Retina.
iEvolution is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:35 PM   #27
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluminum213 View Post
With the mini retina release likely in March I feel I can finally be happy with an iPad for a couple years.
Will it be perfect? Yes. Well at least until you start hearing rumors about the next generation of the Mini.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:28 AM   #28
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEvolution View Post
No because the 9.7" is superior in performance and size. Never once thought to myself gee I want a iPad ~1.8 inches smaller with 2 year-old hardware specs.

Would be more interested in the device if it had the A6 more so than Retina.

When the mini gets retina the liklihood is both the mini and iPad will share identical specs albeit with screen size being the only differential.

Current A5X and A6X are unlikely candidates for the mini as the X variant is simply too power hungry for the mini's 15 watt battery (compared to 42 Watt in iPad).

The liklihood is if the A7 is powerful enough to drive a retina resolution display without sacrificing power efficiency and without the need for a X variant, then the iPad mini and iPad will both recieve the same chip.

I also suspect a retina mini will be priced slightly higher than the current mini $399. Replacing the iPad 2 in the iPad pricing scheme. With the current mini either staying at $329 or maybe dropping to $299 as the 'value' option.
MacRumorUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:12 AM   #29
DesertEagle
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumorUser View Post
When the mini gets retina the liklihood is both the mini and iPad will share identical specs albeit with screen size being the only differential.

Current A5X and A6X are unlikely candidates for the mini as the X variant is simply too power hungry for the mini's 15 watt battery (compared to 42 Watt in iPad).
I'm no physicist, but don't you mean watt-hours? (mAh * V / 1000 = Wh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumorUser View Post
The liklihood is if the A7 is powerful enough to drive a retina resolution display without sacrificing power efficiency and without the need for a X variant, then the iPad mini and iPad will both recieve the same chip.
Wow! It's really awesome if the A7 can handle the workload of A6X (or higher) with the power-consumption of the A5X (or lower). I'm looking forward to see it in operation.
DesertEagle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:01 AM   #30
Booji
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxosx View Post
Don't cheat yourself, return it for a new one. My Nexus 7 is very smooth & fun to use.

I enjoy my mini as well, it's just not quite as versatile. That's not a complaint as I knew that before I bought it.

I have a Nexus 7 - a great device and I love it but its just not as smooth and user friendly as a Mini.
Booji is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad