Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:31 PM   #76
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Whatever weight, u will get used to it, the human body is amazingly adaptable.

However I must say the 4/4s' heft make them feel like something substantial, like when you are given a piece of jewelry, you bounce it a big on your hands and the weight tells you... oh yeah, this is the good stuff.
Mrbobb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 12:51 AM   #77
zbarvian
macrumors 68000

Honestly you just really get used to it. At this point I feel like it could actually shed more weight and still feel as good, if not better. The 4 feels unnecessarily bulky now. Just how technology progresses.
zbarvian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:54 PM   #78
Masterkevj
macrumors newbie

Too light? I see both sides of the argument. I started with a 3GS and had each one after that. I actually got a Galaxy Note 2 before picking up the iPhone 5. I have to say Apple is sticking to a few old principles. People aren't as concerned about smaller, thinner, lighter as we were a few years ago. So maybe that's causing the backlash. Personally I was very surprised at how light the iPhone 5 is and yes, even a little concerned. Almost thought they handed me a non working floor model or something but it's the real thing. I do miss the heft of my 4s and how solid it felt. I could feel my $199's worth. With the 5, tapping out messages gives hollow feedback. It does feel fragile but I'm sure it's durable. I opted for black/slate and already have a few scuffs on the back. If my 4s had LTE, I would have stuck with that. I just hope Apple wows us with the next iPhone. It's gotta be something more.....
Masterkevj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 08:19 PM   #79
TyPod
macrumors 68000

Too light? I don't think so. I love the weight and it's a great improvement from my iPhone 4.
TyPod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 09:52 PM   #80
bushman4
macrumors 65816

Takes getting accustomed to. However Its not to light. It has a nice feel to it.
bushman4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:42 PM   #81
Giuly
macrumors 68040

Location: That depends whether you ask for timezone, state of mind or GPS coordinates.
If you feel like you're holding three pieces of paper stapled together in your hand, just put a case that's not 'Ultra Thin' on your iPhone, for example the Spigen Slim Armor Case (the 'slim' is relative to really bulky cases like an Otterbox) or the Belkin Grip Candy Sheer.

Problem solved.

I also remember people complaining about the flat, non-ergonomic design of the iPhone 4, which similarly was solved with the bumper that had a top and bottom lip and provided a better grip.
Giuly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:56 PM   #82
Bobby Corwen
macrumors 68000

It helps me dunk when its in my pocket.
Bobby Corwen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone