Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old May 10, 2013, 01:10 AM   #101
hulugu
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws1 View Post
What if I just don't like your hair color?
So, you want the right to be able to discriminate again blondes?

Think beyond trying to win the argument. Arbitrary discrimination is bad social policy for a society. You want businesses to be open to everyone and only through specific action can people be refused service. To argue otherwise is to invite bedlam.

----------

Quote:
...You are confusing different things.
Am I conflating different things, or am I confused? Please explain.
Old May 10, 2013, 01:13 AM   #102
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws1 View Post

What about the pastor that marries gay couples only? That's ok because he is thinking "progressively" but the pastor that will not marry gays is "shoving religion down our throats. The bastards. We should burn them at the stake."
I'm of the opinion that churches are likely to be self correcting. Ultimately they are businesses in spite of tax exempt status. The churches do receive money for marrying people, and outside of rural towns, some of them will perform services and pick up membership in this way.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues