Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jfriedman8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
I am likely going to sell my MBA 13" soon since I have not been using it much anymore, but I need to save my mailbox for an old email account after I accidentally deleted a ton of folders when I put it on my new computer. On the MBA I had it as offline so none of these changes were affected on there.

I tried using CCC but the clone will not boot onto my rMBP or Mac Mini. I get the circle with the slash through it. I get why this happens, but I really only need the mailbox, so I am looking for any solution.

I basically need to save the old emails with attachments ect. Any simple way to do this where I can just plug in an SD card to another computer and pull them up?

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Your Mail folder is in /Users/your name/Library/Mail, all the data should show up if you move it to another Mac in the same location in the home folder.

*your name is the user name

jfriedman8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
So I have the folders copied. How do I get them back into mail so they come up in order ect?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.