Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattk1996

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
hey,
i havent been able to use my ipod touch for months now as the touch screen is no longer responding. when it was happening, it slowly became less responsive to the heat screen and ended up just not working completely. the home and lock screen button work fine but the touch screen just wont work for some reason. any ideas would be appreciated.
thank you

tmonk13

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2012
One thing that comes to mind is to make sure that the screen is firmly in place, sometimes the screen can "pop" out and loosen the connection to the board. If you are still under warranty I would take it back to an ARS and have them look at it. In most cases they will just replace it (after they deem it hardware) You could also try restoring the ipod to factory settings and then setting it up as new to rule out hardware.

thegreati

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2012
If you are not afraid to pry the back plate off of the device I'd recommend doing that. On the top right of the logic board is the digi connector(gold). Gently remove it from its connection to the board and if it appears maybe a little dirty you could use some sort of alcohol swab or just dab some rubbing alcohol on it. If you cant do that; just simply disconnect it and reconnect. If that does not work I recommend either going to a repair shop for their opinion/diagnosis, OR beginning your search for a brand new device.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.