Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:02 PM   #1
dinesh29888
macrumors member

Sticker Boy side wrap skin

Always wanted to change the color of my i5 & came through Sticker boy which was really interesting loved their extreme fit ... Now i wanted to go for the side wrap on my Black iPhone but was confused between the Colors and there ain't any pictures only of the side wraps on the site or on google... Can any1 posts pics of your Sticker boy. And any suggestions for my Black i5 ... I was looking for the Blue purple or red.
dinesh29888 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:34 PM   #2
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh29888 View Post
Always wanted to change the color of my i5 & came through Sticker boy which was really interesting loved their extreme fit ... Now i wanted to go for the side wrap on my Black iPhone but was confused between the Colors and there ain't any pictures only of the side wraps on the site or on google... Can any1 posts pics of your Sticker boy. And any suggestions for my Black i5 ... I was looking for the Blue purple or red.
Look at lucky labs stuff or any of the others they all use the 3m material so their all pretty similar in look and how they stick, sticker boy is more expensive but has nicer speaker cut outs and home buttons
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:41 PM   #3
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I've owned Sticker Boy's sidewraps before and they're amazing. Only cause I got a discount :P i was gonna try another company like lucky labs. But i noticed that sticker boy's extreme fit is perfect.

I'd suggest you go to the Anti Bacterial section of the skins. If you want, get the stealth black. Hands down best color for the black iPhone and get the upper/lower (back section) in stealth black as well. It has a matte finish to it.

Try the code "tts2" should last forever. I've been using that code for the past month and half.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:51 PM   #4
RichardC300
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCooz View Post
I've owned Sticker Boy's sidewraps before and they're amazing. Only cause I got a discount :P i was gonna try another company like lucky labs. But i noticed that sticker boy's extreme fit is perfect.

I'd suggest you go to the Anti Bacterial section of the skins. If you want, get the stealth black. Hands down best color for the black iPhone and get the upper/lower (back section) in stealth black as well. It has a matte finish to it.

Try the code "tts2" should last forever. I've been using that code for the past month and half.
Does Sticker Boy give you an Apple logo that matches the top and bottom pieces?

From my experience, Lucky Labs had HORRIBLE fitting top and bottom pieces. They hangover the edge of the phone. And I got gloss black pieces, and the pieces looked like the back of a black CandyShell after you've slid it around on the table for an hour.
RichardC300 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:09 PM   #5
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC300 View Post
Does Sticker Boy give you an Apple logo that matches the top and bottom pieces?

From my experience, Lucky Labs had HORRIBLE fitting top and bottom pieces. They hangover the edge of the phone. And I got gloss black pieces, and the pieces looked like the back of a black CandyShell after you've slid it around on the table for an hour.
When I ordered the Full Body kit in extreme fit. Mine came with one (full piece) then the half piece didn't come with. You could try emailing them before ordering. I'm just waiting on some of their new releases. I know they'll have some new stuff for next month.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:12 PM   #6
Gray bishop
macrumors regular

Carbon iPhones

I want to recommend http://www.carboniphones.com/collect...e-5-side-wraps

the delivery was literally next day, I'd post pics but I got the glow series, which isnt what you're interested in

I bought Lucky Labs and Carbon iPhones the same day, they both arrived the same day, I actually put the Lucky Labs wrap on 1st, but I found the Carbon wrap so much easier to install
Gray bishop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:05 PM   #7
Sheldonsmith
macrumors member

Extreme fit installed just fine and looks pretty cool.... No problems with an Element Sector 5 case...
Sheldonsmith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:34 PM   #8
aldoF
macrumors member

I'm using Adaption on the sides...love it, sometimes I even put a clear bumper on it.

Thumb resize.

Last edited by OllyW; Nov 28, 2012 at 02:48 AM. Reason: changed tags on oversized image from IMG to TIMG
aldoF is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:55 PM   #9
myfavoritePA
macrumors newbie

I have tried iPhone 5 skins/wraps from many different vendors, both textured/colorful and clear. Of all of the side wraps I've purchased/researched, Sticker boy is far and away the best as far as cut and fit. Their extreme fit side wrap is almost perfect as far as coverage and alignment and yet it is not very difficult to install. Absolutely no one has realized it is a skin that I am using and not the original design of the phone.

Sticker boy also has a much better fit on the back in my opinion than other iPhone 5 skins I have tried. They are cut slightly smaller than the phone around the edges on the back, which I assume is to allow for better compatibility with cases, but I prefer that to a more full-coverage wrap that extends over the edges of the phone... Also, if you are using a case, you should be aware that side skins in general can affect the fit, especially with very thin cases. I've had no problems with bumpers fitting correctly with side skins.

Here are a couple of pictures of skins I've tried.
The skin in these pictures is the Sticker boy 2-tone back and sides in Slate Jet Black Brushed and Black Stealth (top and bottom pieces in the latter shade). They will include the Apple logo cutout, but you have to ask for it in the "Additional Instructions" part of your order during checkout.

Note: the misalignment of the top and bottom skins in the first picture are due to my crappy install, not the cut of the skin. I improved my technique later on, but that was my first try. In the bottom picture, the top and bottom cut outs are in Black (Antibacterial) Powder Coated and they are paired with the Photive Hybrid bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0195.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	380094   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0199.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	380095   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0318.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	558.9 KB
ID:	380096  

Last edited by myfavoritePA; Nov 27, 2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: clarification
myfavoritePA is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:31 PM   #10
icemanzzz
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavoritePA View Post
I have tried iPhone 5 skins/wraps from many different vendors, both textured/colorful and clear. Of all of the side wraps I've purchased/researched, Sticker boy is far and away the best as far as cut and fit. Their extreme fit side wrap is almost perfect as far as coverage and alignment and yet it is not very difficult to install. Absolutely no one has realized it is a skin that I am using and not the original design of the phone.

Sticker boy also has a much better fit on the back in my opinion than other iPhone 5 skins I have tried. They are cut slightly smaller than the phone around the edges on the back, which I assume is to allow for better compatibility with cases, but I prefer that to a more full-coverage wrap that extends over the edges of the phone... Also, if you are using a case, you should be aware that side skins in general can affect the fit, especially with very thin cases. I've had no problems with bumpers fitting correctly with side skins.

Here are a couple of pictures of skins I've tried.
The skin in these pictures is the Sticker boy 2-tone back and sides in Slate Jet Black Brushed and Black Stealth (top and bottom pieces in the latter shade). They will include the Apple logo cutout, but you have to ask for it in the "Additional Instructions" part of your order during checkout.

Note: the misalignment of the top and bottom skins in the first picture are due to my crappy install, not the cut of the skin. I improved my technique later on, but that was my first try. In the bottom picture, the top and bottom cut outs are in Black (Antibacterial) Powder Coated and they are paired with the Photive Hybrid bumper.
Wow this looks pretty great. Stickerbou seems a bit pricey though.. I guess the quality speaks for itself.
icemanzzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:45 PM   #11
Gray bishop
macrumors regular

Carbon Glow

figured I'd put up a fun pic
forgive the photo: Nexus 3 (ugh)
Gray bishop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:10 AM   #12
esfrost
macrumors member

Sticker Boy is great. Bought side wraps for my black i5, i went with the Slate Jet Black, as it almost has the same color as the phone itself, it also got the blueish tint to it. I got the extreme fit, and boy a did right when i chose that. The cutouts are perfect. A week ago i dropped my phone, and it landed on the upper right corner, the sticker protected it. The sticker get deformed, but the phone stayed flawles, no bump, or scratches. Thank god, when you buy side wraps you get to sets, so i just had to install the second set. Im so glad i bought them. I will get Sticker Boy for the back also.
esfrost is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:42 AM   #13
dinesh29888
macrumors member

Lucky labs they offering the side wrap with home button and backside apple logo just for $9.99 and it's a pack of 3 you can choose 3 different Colors but after reading the comments here Sticker boy looks way better them all in quality and fit.
dinesh29888 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:15 AM   #14
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Lucky labs they offering the side wrap with home button and backside apple logo just for $9.99 and it's a pack of 3 you can choose 3 different Colors but after reading the comments here Sticker boy looks way better them all in quality and fit.
I loved Lucky Labs for the iPhone 4/4S. But when I upgraded to the iPhone 5. I heard about Sticker Boy. So I went ahead and gave them a try. I saw they had two different versions. I went with the Extreme fit cause on their little diagram it showed that the extreme fit covered the speaker/mic grill perfectly. So when I got it. It was really precise. If you want the same color for the black iPhone 5. get the "Slate Jet Black" since it'll match perfectly with the color of the phone.
If you have the white i5. There's also a version for that.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories