Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatGreekMacGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
Sparta, Greece
Hey guys I installed Windows 8 64bit via Bootcamp. You can see my specs in my signature. For some reason when i run a game (assassins creed or need for speed) the frame rate is REALLT LOW. I get 6-10 fps. My sisters vaio is much worse but runs the game fine. all the drivers are updated. anyone ever had the same problem? what should i do?

ThatGreekMacGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
Sparta, Greece
is it a problem with windows 8? do you think that windows 8 drivers might cause it? should i install win 7 x64? does anyone else has a partition of win 8?

Fried Chicken

Suspended
Jun 11, 2011
Could this be the problem?

I spent like 2h trying to get the drivers to work on my imac,
and it was a pain in the ass involving a bunch of amd bloatware. Finally I did windows update and voila, graphics drivers installed and worked no problem.. Was very impressed with MS at that point, very well done.

ThatGreekMacGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
Sparta, Greece
I spent like 2h trying to get the drivers to work on my imac,
and it was a pain in the ass involving a bunch of amd bloatware. Finally I did windows update and voila, graphics drivers installed and worked no problem.. Was very impressed with MS at that point, very well done.

Everything works like a charm now mate! Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.