Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwhazel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
Wifes b-day is coming up soon so I thought I'd upgrade both of our phones to the 5. So I thought I'd do a dry run just so the preorder goes smoothly before I leave for work. Using the iphone 4s on apples site:

Select phone #1 > Select 'Replace a phone on my account with a new iPhone' > Check eligibility (enter phone #1 = good) > add to cart

Select phone #2 > Select 'Replace a phone on my account with a new iPhone' > Check eligibility (enter phone #2 = good) > add to cart

You're then presented with this message:
Only one carrier-activated iPhone can be ordered at a time. Please make sure only one carrier-activated iPhone is in your Cart. Your Cart may contain multiple unlocked iPhones.

Will not let you checkout. Can you really not upgrade 2 phones through the online store or am I missing something :confused:

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
Wifes b-day is coming up soon so I thought I'd upgrade both of our phones to the 5. So I thought I'd do a dry run just so the preorder goes smoothly before I leave for work. Using the iphone 4s on apples site:

Select phone #1 > Select 'Replace a phone on my account with a new iPhone' > Check eligibility (enter phone #1 = good) > add to cart

Select phone #2 > Select 'Replace a phone on my account with a new iPhone' > Check eligibility (enter phone #2 = good) > add to cart

You're then presented with this message:
Only one carrier-activated iPhone can be ordered at a time. Please make sure only one carrier-activated iPhone is in your Cart. Your Cart may contain multiple unlocked iPhones.

Will not let you checkout. Can you really not upgrade 2 phones through the online store or am I missing something :confused:

Are you serious?
was going to do the same. I will wait for others to post some information; I was not sure of this myself. 2 orders/2 shipments/ same address/ same day- makes no sense.

jwhazel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
Try it and see if you can get it to work. I even tried "upgrading" to mobile share plan on one at the full price ($40 plan + $45 phone). Theres no option on the other phone to just tack on another $45 phone, its the full $85 like you're applying for a seperate plan.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Are you serious?
was going to do the same. I will wait for others to post some information; I was not sure of this myself. 2 orders/2 shipments/ same address/ same day- makes no sense.
Yep two orders, 2 shipments. One order per phone number. They could even come from different lines based on capacity / color ordered.

Dave

dndandrea

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2010
I'm going to be ordering 2 as well. We are both eligible for upgraded phones. I wonder if i'll be quick enough to make 2 separate orders or if apple is going to fix this so I can order both in one transaction.

jwhazel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
I didn't realize you could make 2 separate orders, interesting.

I am going via the iphone app like last year. Thanks for the heads up OP.
So are you saying the iphone app will allow you to purchase multiples at a time or just that its easier than using a web browser?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.