Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johntom2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
Pikeville, Ky
Hi Everyone,

My name is John. I am from Eastern, Ky and work as PC Tech. I am looking into getting a Ipad WiFi only and also finding school to repair IPods, IPads, and IPhones. I have a Ipod 32 GB (3rd Gen WiFi) that I use and a Dell laptop with Windows 7. I use my I pod mostly for music and Apps (games and research and handy apps) at both home and at work. I am also on the go all the time. Also I have a couple of questions.

1. Would it better to just wait to get a Ipad 5 since it coming out in March or get a mini or Ipad 4?
2. Which would be better for me 16? 32? 64?
3. Are they any school's that offer classes to repair Apple devices?
4. Are IPads at the point to good enough to replace a laptop with?

Thanks,

John

Last edited:

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
1. Would it better to just wait to get a Ipad 5 since it coming out in March or get a mini or Ipad 4?
4. Are IPads at the point to good enough to repair a laptop with?

1. It depends, do you need one asap? If so get it now! Also, March isn't confirmed, it's rumored to be, but not confirmed. If I (ME) was looking into one, I would wait, but that's my nature as I want the 'best'.
2. You'd probably be fine with 16 or 32gb. Since you have an iPod I assume you won't put much music on the iPad, but also some iPad apps (especially some games) can range from 1-2GB big. So might be better to get the 32gb.
3. I don't think anyone apart from Apple are meant to repair them (or their certified people, who are handpicked or whatever).
4. I don't know what this means.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
4. Are IPads at the point to good enough to repair a laptop with?

1. Wait
2. 64
3. No
4. Yes

It is against MR rules to bump your own thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.