Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Anyone thinking maybe it's OS 10.9?!

It wouldn't be far fetched to think it would be.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
They're updating iTunes in the Cloud since they've just added movie/TV support in some other countries, and probably making small changes to those pages and some other things. But basically just maintenance.

dogheadedman

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2013
Mac Pro

Mac Pro was withdrawn from the European stores this month, due to not meeting some regulations. There were rumours that a replacement was on its way. Considering the Mac Pro hasn't been updated in 2 years, maybe that is a possibility.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Well store has been down for a while now. May be maintenance, but looks like stores are down all over the world.

CaptainBlue

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
London, United Kingdom
I was wondering what might be coming, especially as there have been no big announcements recently. I'm thinking of sourcing a new iMac so I was wanting to check lead times this morning.

dogheadedman

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2013
I was wondering what might be coming, especially as there have been no big announcements recently. I'm thinking of sourcing a new iMac so I was wanting to check lead times this morning.

I went on today to order my new iMac but obviously can't. I'm curious too. I doubt it would be a new iMac considering this one was only released late 2012. The only thing that could sway me from an iMac would be a Mac Pro.

smiddlehurst

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2007

Don't know if it's any help but yesterday in the UK at least it was 3-4 weeks on the 21" and 4-6 weeks on the 27".

Aliencowboy69

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
I thought Apple only released new products after press announcements?

If the store is down due to some new product, I hope it's the rumored iWatch there supposed to have been working on :D, but can't see it and probably just maintenance as mentioned already

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
I thought Apple only released new products after press announcements?

If the store is down due to some new product, I hope it's the rumored iWatch there supposed to have been working on :D, but can't see it and probably just maintenance as mentioned already

New designs tend to be announced at Press Events, Spec bumps tend to get silent updates. So could be new LCD displays to match the new iMac design or updated TV, but unlikely to be a brand new product like iWatch. May be a new version of Aperture - There is a major photography exhibition due to start in the UK next week, I remember that Aperture 3 was released just before Focus on Imaging a few years ago. In fact I just checked both the prior releases of Aperture occurred in Feb 2008 then Feb 2010.

However not sure they would take the Main Store down as they sell it through the Mac App Store now.

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
Back up, almost 6 hours later. Don't see anything new yet. Must have been maintenance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.