Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IMSYE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2013
I'm a MacBook pro noob. I had to install Windows 8 on it because of work and since I'm on it I figured I'd install some windows only pc games. I installed CS1.6 on it, but I can't "configure it". When I open it, it basically just shows the top left of the screen with the guys face and that's it.

I probably have to adjust something in the command line when opening it so it can configure to my screen size or is not running properly because its 32 bit and im running 64bit windows 8?

Any help would be appreciated. I would take a SS but I don't know how to on windows 8 with an apple keyboard:confused:

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I'm a MacBook pro noob. I had to install Windows 8 on it because of work and since I'm on it I figured I'd install some windows only pc games. I installed CS1.6 on it, but I can't "configure it". When I open it, it basically just shows the top left of the screen with the guys face and that's it.

I probably have to adjust something in the command line when opening it so it can configure to my screen size or is not running properly because its 32 bit and im running 64bit windows 8?

Any help would be appreciated. I would take a SS but I don't know how to on windows 8 with an apple keyboard:confused:

Can you change the compatibility mode for the program in Windows to XP ?

You also might consider getting CS:GO from steam. It's an updated CS that I'm sure works well under Windows 8.

IMSYE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2013
Can you change the compatibility mode for the program in Windows to XP ?

You also might consider getting CS:GO from steam. It's an updated CS that I'm sure works well under Windows 8.

I have csgo on my OSX. but I would really like to start playing 1.6 again

and I have no idea if I can change the compatibility mode, haha. that's why im asking you guys

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012

That game is a Steamplay title now. You might want to just play the OS X version of it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.