Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Jul 31, 2013, 08:35 PM   #26
arashb
Banned

SC2 is too hard :[ get rushed within 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyteowl9 View Post
i've been following this game since day one... and i think the 90$ preview is ********, no one is going to pay that much for a video game, especially an alpha test...

most steam games charge LESS for previews.
Wow, this game looks awesome...

There are a few games I'd pay for extra just to play right now, *cough* KH3 *cough*. As much as I wanna play this game right now, I can't ever imagine paying $70 for a PC game. $40 seems outrageous for an independent studio game as well! Maybe I'm just use to buying amazing games for $5 nowadays from independent studios. This better be worth it.
arashb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 09:42 PM   #27
Irishman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegelward View Post
Well, there is a reason, basically they are charging that much so that the people who bought into the Kickstarter won't feel screwed over.

It's a little unfair for them to pay $90 on KS, and then the game appears on steam early access for $20
Not really. The whole point behind KS is that investors are paying to help make sure that a thing gets made. They're not buying a finished product.
Irishman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2013, 01:52 PM   #28
MSM Hobbes
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampancy View Post
TA Kingdoms is also available on OS X from GOG (it actually is an entertaining RTS game, warts and all). If you want some tactics in your RTS, there's also Ground Control 2: Operation Exodus, also available for the Mac
from GOG.

And if you're willing to put in a little effort with Wineskin or CrossOver, a lot of GOG's other Windows RTS games work very well on OS X through WINE: Imperial Glory, Original War, Praetorians, and Battle Realms are all games that have worked well on my Mac. If you want to kick it a little old school, KKND2: Krossfire, Earth 2140, and Dark Reign work in the latest versions of WINE as well (for Earth 2140, use DOSBox/Boxer as the Windows version has apparently poorly coded AI). If you're up for a little turn-based action, nothing can beat Alpha Centauri/Alien Crossfire, for which GOG has also provided a modern OS X port.
Excellent game
MSM Hobbes is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games