Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:30 PM   #1
Richdmoore
macrumors 65816

iTunes Match Purchase Failure

Hello, I previously decided to turn off automatic renewal of iTunes Mach. After I received an email that it had expired today, I decided I would purchase it again for another year.

The email I was sent by apple said I could repurchase iTunes Match by selecting the "turn on iTunes match" selection in the iTunes store pulldown menu of iTunes. I checked, and for some reason it was still set to on. I then selected to turn iTunes Match off, then back on.

When I did that, I am now getting an iTunes error (4002.) I am not able to turn iTunes Match back on. I am also not getting the prompt that would allow me to pay for another year. I am also missing the button on the itunes account page to let me select to renew.

I am now stuck being unable to renew iTunes Match. I have emailed iTunes about it today, any other suggestions from the community how to proceed?
Richdmoore is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:37 AM   #2
Keithharold
macrumors newbie

iTunes Match non renewal

I had same issue with not being able to renew iTunes Match! I called Apple support & they directed me to an Apple website, sorry don't remember name. But it didn't help anyway! Couldn't get my subscription renewed! Called a number with iTunes support. She said you're one of the first ones to call about this! No luck with her & a senior advisor was given my case number, contacted me & will continue every few days to update me. I think they still don't have their heads wrapped around issue! So hang in there & here's hoping it gets fixed sooner than later
Keithharold is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:22 AM   #3
Aluminum213
macrumors 65816

A day before it was set to expire I turned on auto renew to avoid something like this
Aluminum213 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:33 PM   #4
Richdmoore
macrumors 65816

Still having issues, I sent an email to the executive support team. So far I can't get past the reboot computer, reinstall iTunes, type stuff to someone who will actually look at my account. Very frustrating.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:35 PM   #5
Richdmoore
macrumors 65816

Just to update everyone, I received a call from apple executive relations about my issue. They are escalating the problem to the engineering section of apple, so hopefully it will be fixed.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:55 AM   #6
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richdmoore View Post
Just to update everyone, I received a call from apple executive relations about my issue. They are escalating the problem to the engineering section of apple, so hopefully it will be fixed.
What was the fix
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:32 PM   #7
Richdmoore
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by From A Buick 8 View Post
What was the fix
They did something on apple's end. After several weeks, my imac, iphone, ipad finally registered that itunes match was expired. I was then able to go into itunes and repurchase it for another year.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store