Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Nov 8, 2012, 04:47 PM   #76
Alag28
macrumors 6502

poetic atmosphere is awesome and low profile
Alag28 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:16 AM   #77
aphexii
macrumors 6502

My noot arrived yesterday, but unfortunately it's pretty deformed. The top and the bottom are so loose they don't hold at all to the edge of the phone and leave a pretty sizable gap. Ill be returning this one
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:23 PM   #78
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthnxshwn View Post
Mine had lots of lint along the top bezel every time I checked it after I took it out of my pocket.
I don't have that problem as I don't keep mine in my pants pocket but in my purse or in a jacket pocket. The jacket pocket hasn't caused any lint issues.

I feel bad that this case isn't working for you, as it's actually my favorite case and I've tried a bunch.
Nhwhazup is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:25 PM   #79
kthnxshwn
macrumors regular

It's definitely one of my favorites. So far, I have 8 different iPhone 5 cases. I just wish the TPU was tougher and more defined for the iPhone 5. I'm more than likely going to try the Power Support Air Jacket and see how I like it.
kthnxshwn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:36 PM   #80
darster
macrumors 68000

This is a great thin case. It is the same thickness as the Pinlo Slice. $1.88 vs $25. Your choice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160885926175...84.m1439.l2649
darster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:51 PM   #81
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by darster View Post
This is a great thin case. It is the same thickness as the Pinlo Slice. $1.88 vs $25. Your choice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160885926175...84.m1439.l2649

Have you actually purchased and received these? How are they in comparison to the Pinlo?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:58 PM   #82
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Now offering the Noot in pink, turquoise and blue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	320.0 KB
ID:	376436  
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:59 PM   #83
darster
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhwhazup View Post
Have you actually purchased and received these? How are they in comparison to the Pinlo?
Yes, I have. I got both. The cheaper case had a better fit than the Pinlo. Sent the Pinlo back.
darster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:33 PM   #84
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by darster View Post
Yes, I have. I got both. The cheaper case had a better fit than the Pinlo. Sent the Pinlo back.
Can't beat the price of these cheapies. I ordered a few to try them out. I agree, I wasn't that impressed with the Pinlo. I gave it away.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:44 AM   #85
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp71701 View Post
Pocket lint is issue for me too. With my old Commuter case, I liked having the port covers to keep lint, dirt, etc. out of jacks.

Any recommendations on thin case with quality of Noot but with covers for ports?
Switch Easy Nude is really nice and has port covers, their not attached to the case but they give you two that are full coverage even across the speakers I don't have a ton of experiance with cases because I never use to use them until I got the 5 but I like it a lot and it works well until I get my Sector 5
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:33 AM   #86
itsjustmeee
macrumors 6502a

I'm wondering about these...

http://www.amazon.com/Matte-Clear-0-...hin+clear+case

2 positive reviews, cheap and only .4 mm thick.

and this one which i believe has shown up in other threads....

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Retail-...hin+clear+case
itsjustmeee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:46 AM   #87
charis1113
macrumors newbie

Mine is Granite Ultra Slim, clear case, from more-thing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0085.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	376533   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0094.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	376534  
charis1113 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:02 AM   #88
itsjustmeee
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by charis1113 View Post
Mine is Granite Ultra Slim, clear case, from more-thing
That's actually pretty nice. I might just go with that one and order the cheap one I just posted as well. For that price it's a no-brainer.
itsjustmeee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:42 PM   #89
djstile
macrumors regular

I was using this Noot case for about two weeks and I really loved the feel of the case, but it is now in the trash. I know this case is very thin and wouldn't provide too much protection, but it really provides absolutely none. I dropped my iP5 in the Noot case 2 to 3 feet to the kitchen floor where it landed on its back then bounced and landed on its front. The front screen was completely shattered and the back glass panels above and below the center area were shattered, with the center area slightly marked and dented.

Obviously dropping the phone was 100% my fault, but if you are looking for ANY drop protection whatsoever from this case - look elsewhere. This case is perfect for scratch protection on the sides and back, but it will not protect the phone in a drop any more than the phone without a case on it at all. This is not me bitching about the case, just a heads up to anyone out there who might be considering this case as more than scratch protection.

Fortunately I have AC+ so I had my phone replaced and now have a Candyshell Grip for some actual drop protection.
djstile is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:45 PM   #90
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstile View Post
I was using this Noot case for about two weeks and I really loved the feel of the case, but it is now in the trash. I know this case is very thin and wouldn't provide too much protection, but it really provides absolutely none. I dropped my iP5 in the Noot case 2 to 3 feet to the kitchen floor where it landed on its back then bounced and landed on its front. The front screen was completely shattered and the back glass panels above and below the center area were shattered, with the center area slightly marked and dented.

Obviously dropping the phone was 100% my fault, but if you are looking for ANY drop protection whatsoever from this case - look elsewhere. This case is perfect for scratch protection on the sides and back, but it will not protect the phone in a drop any more than the phone without a case on it at all. This is not me bitching about the case, just a heads up to anyone out there who might be considering this case as more than scratch protection.

Fortunately I have AC+ so I had my phone replaced and now have a Candyshell Grip for some actual drop protection.
That's really a bummer and good to know that the Noot doesn't provide fall protection. Was it the slim Noot or the bumper frosted back Noot? I've been a big fan of the slim Noot but like the bumper style case even better. And the bumper is made of a harder rubber. Should protect a bit better but still doesn't really give much screen protection.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:07 PM   #91
djstile
macrumors regular

Quote:
That's really a bummer and good to know that the Noot doesn't provide fall protection. Was it the slim Noot or the bumper frosted back Noot? I've been a big fan of the slim Noot but like the bumper style case even better. And the bumper is made of a harder rubber. Should protect a bit better but still doesn't really give much screen protection.
The slim black matte one. Called Slim T5 on Amazon. Here's the link.
djstile is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:39 PM   #92
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstile View Post
The slim black matte one. Called Slim T5 on Amazon. Here's the link.
Yeah my favorite case was this same case in white. Totally loved it but now with your fall story, I've switched over to the bumper style with the frosted back Noot case. It should give some better fall protection as the rubber bumper is definitely sturdier than the slim case. I also like that it has no branding and the bottom cut outs are better.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:59 PM   #93
KeithLilja
macrumors member

Quote:
Yeah my favorite case was this same case in white. Totally loved it but now with your fall story, I've switched over to the bumper style with the frosted back Noot case. It should give some better fall protection as the rubber bumper is definitely sturdier than the slim case. I also like that it has no branding and the bottom cut outs are better.
I can't wait to try mine out!
KeithLilja is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:13 PM   #94
brokenbuyer
macrumors regular

Noot is amazing. Using it only for scratch prevention.
Mine isn't aligned/gripping to the phone due to my Bodyguardz Back/Sides. Still works fine tho.

Tried it on a phone w.o the skins and it was a perfect fit. If you are experienced any looseness or it not gripping tightly, putting some rubber bands on will help.

I put some on when the case was on the phone overnight.

(Ordered from Amazon and the fulfiller also threw in a free gift for me: [Griffin USB Car Charger]) Haven't used it yet, but it was a nice touch; especially when it only cost ~$5

Remember! This case does NOT have a lip! So if you are looking to place your phone screen down, this case will not keep the screen off the table. I'm using a Bodyguardz Pure so it's no problem at all.
brokenbuyer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:44 PM   #95
KeithLilja
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenbuyer View Post
Noot is amazing. Using it only for scratch prevention.
Mine isn't aligned/gripping to the phone due to my Bodyguardz Back/Sides. Still works fine tho.

Tried it on a phone w.o the skins and it was a perfect fit. If you are experienced any looseness or it not gripping tightly, putting some rubber bands on will help.

I put some on when the case was on the phone overnight.

(Ordered from Amazon and the fulfiller also threw in a free gift for me: [Griffin USB Car Charger]) Haven't used it yet, but it was a nice touch; especially when it only cost ~$5

Remember! This case does NOT have a lip! So if you are looking to place your phone screen down, this case will not keep the screen off the table. I'm using a Bodyguardz Pure so it's no problem at all.
Sweet! Thanks for the advice. I'm getting the bumper style case with the frosted back though!
KeithLilja is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories