Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:45 AM   #26
michaeljohn
Banned

I prefer black but didn't want to mess with potential scuffing and fingerprints all the time, so I got the white. I actually liked it so much that I got my iPad mini in white too.
michaeljohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:43 PM   #27
Jusfer
macrumors member

I had a white iPhone 3G and loved it, but that did not have any white panel around the screen.

For my future 5 I am again considering white but am afraid the white panel around the screen will blind me when I use it outdoors in sunlight.

Any experience with that issue?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:43 AM   #28
Andrew K.
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbarvian View Post
I have the white one, and I want the black one. As one reviewer said, the white one looks too feminine, too much like jewelry. The black is sexy.
I've never understood this. The white is a great color, who cares what some reviewer says? If you like the way it looks get it! I switch colors on each launch. I'm on Black now but I loved my white 4s and I'm a 24 yr old dude.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:57 AM   #29
Faize
macrumors member

Scuff issues aside, I never really liked the black one - for some reason, the metallic "slate" parts remind me of the charred remains of a car that's been targeted by an arsonist.
Faize is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:30 AM   #30
chrisrosemusic1
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to chrisrosemusic1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard1818 View Post
This made me LOL.

I did hear that they make the white ones in the Tier 1 Foxconn plan where only tenured foxconn employees work and only after having had 8-10 hours of sleep and a hearty breakfast to ensure proper nutrients for assembling the "white" phones.

----------

All joking aside, I have yet to see a white one in person.

I am glad you like the white one. I may venture into that territory for the next iphone
I mentioned this because of a) the various posts on white vs black quality and b) the quality control - my previous iPhones were manufactured in August and this one was October, and far better made. Not saying it's factual, but I thought I should tell people my findings all the same...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusfer View Post
I had a white iPhone 3G and loved it, but that did not have any white panel around the screen.

For my future 5 I am again considering white but am afraid the white panel around the screen will blind me when I use it outdoors in sunlight.

Any experience with that issue?
Couldn't say as we've had nothing but rain since I got it Monday!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:44 AM   #31
Nolander07
macrumors 6502

I haven't had any problems with the white blinding me in sunlight. If the sun was that bright I probably couldn't read the screen anyway. I am a 40 yr old dude with a white naked iphone 5 and I don't feel feminine at all because of the color. I have always had black in the past and this time around I wanted a change (plus the white was the only one in stock in October when I got it). I am glad because all the scratching aside, I actually prefer the look of the white with aluminum back.
Nolander07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:05 AM   #32
johndallas999
Banned

I really like the white's silvery back and sides more than the black anodized but the white front just is too girly for me.
johndallas999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone