Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:08 PM   #1
OldMacGuy
macrumors newbie

internet purchase for Store Pickup

I have been trying to buy an IPad Mini (Verizon 32GB) on line ( at 10 pm sharp) for Store pickup. For the last four nights, none have been available in the Detroit area.

Has anyone been able to purchase a Mini on Line for Store Pickup?
OldMacGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Medic311
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMacGuy View Post
I have been trying to buy an IPad Mini (Verizon 32GB) on line ( at 10 pm sharp) for Store pickup. For the last four nights, none have been available in the Detroit area.

Has anyone been able to purchase a Mini on Line for Store Pickup?
yes, i did. but it was the 64GB LTE-Verizon model. and it was literally at 10:01pm. i placed the order at 10:04pm.

by 10:10pm just out of curiosity i went back to place another dummy order for the same thing and all 6 apple stores within a 30 mile radius of where i am were sold out of every version of the Mini
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:08 AM   #3
Jimmie Geddes
macrumors regular

i did almost 2 weeks ago. I went online around 9:57 and kept refreshing and in a few minutes there was only one store in the NJ/NYC area that had the 16GB Black WiFi model, so I placed the order and drove about 20 minutes from my house to get my mini. Try and go on before 10 and keep hitting refresh. A friend of mine did the same thing for the iPhone 5 and he got it the same exact way. Best of luck! You're going to love the mini.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:48 AM   #4
The Catalyst
macrumors 6502

I was doing the exact same thing trying to grab a Vz model at 10pm. I gave up as they were never showing up anywhere local.

Ended up getting lucky at a local Best Buy, grabbed one off their Tues afternoon shipment before the weekend rush cleared them all out once again. I'd recommend calling a local BB if you're driving distance from one.
The Catalyst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:32 AM   #5
ThinIce
macrumors member

I ordered 2 LTE mini's for store pickup at my local apple store using the online system about 10 days ago. I can't remember the exact time but it was several minutes past 10pm. I picked them up the next day.
ThinIce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:53 AM   #6
outie2k
macrumors regular

Got my 16GB w/ AT&T cellular using the app and in-store pickup. It was very competitive in SoCal. The inventory didn't get updated until few min past 10PM. As soon as it showed up I got it. After the order went through I went back to check and the store I got mine was already off the list. Good luck, keep trying!
outie2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:56 AM   #7
AlanKA
macrumors member

I bought a 64gb ATT/LTE via the 10pm in-store pickup thing. Worked like a champ. I originally tried for 32 but nothing within three states around here.
AlanKA is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad