Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csaskia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2013
Hi guys

I just bought my first Mac laptop the other day. The hardest thing for me now is to adjust to the Numbers software. Have been an avid user of MS Office previously.

Firstly I'm trying to figure out the keyboard shortcut to wrapping a text cell? And does anyone have any other handy tips on keyboard shortcuts that'll make my life easier?

Thanks!
Crissilia

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
I don't see a keyboard shortcut for wrap text. It seems to only be available in the Cell portion of the Inspector, which is 4th from the left, the icon of a box with the number 42 within it. There is an extensive list of keyboard shortcuts, which you can access by clicking the Help menu (while Numbers is open) and selecting Keyboard Shortcuts without inputting anything into the search field.

drambuie

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
If you go to the Help menu and click on Keyboard Shortcuts you'll find a list of dozens of shortcuts.

If by wrapping a text cell, you mean line breaks within the cell, Shift-Return or Control-Return will work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.