Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J3ffry

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2012
Your theory sounds proper, i also thought of something like that. Also because if you don't wipe your screen for some days you can clearly see the "airtrailes" of the vents. But what i would like to add, that in my case i saw the yellowing for the first time at the grey boot screen. So i think it's already there when you receive it.

Talked to Apple Care and looks like there's gonna be a new exchange. Really hope this is gonna be the one (or it's not gonna be worse). This would restore my faith in Apple somewhat haha!

Last edited:

J3ffry

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2012
Replacement arrived today!

Computer fine!

LG screen however, common listed differences compared to samsung.
Slightly less brighter & cooler color. The cooler color is very easy adjustable trough colorprofiles though. Slight blacklightbleed on the left side, more than on the one before this.

Most important, zero yellow tinting. Very pleased with this, it annoyed the **** out of me.

Also no image retention. People should stop with the samsung obsession. This is my first LG screen, been trough 5 samsungs and this is the best one!

Peace, going to enjoy this laptop now!!

M Powered

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
If your happy that's all that matters.

Image retention seems to only appear in extreme cases. I use FB a lot and leave the screen up for 20-30mins at a time sometimes, then switching to LR4 and it will be fine. I have a Samsung now, with my LG I could still see FB when I'm in LR4 :/

Oh, let the screen warm up for 30 minutes after power on before you do any screen evaluations.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.