Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Jul 16, 2013, 01:26 AM   #1
iZac
macrumors 65816

macrumors.com broken using iOS7 in China!

Just as the title suggests, I thought I would highlight (for me at least) that when trying to navigate to macrumors.com with iOS 7 (on iPhone 5) specifically using Chinese ISPs, the site doesn't load. using either wifi or cellular 3G. Even using my personal VPN it doesn’t work.

Using my companies much more sophisticated VPN (over wifi) it does work, so i'm tempted to believe it's an incompatibility of the heady combination of iOS 7 and Chinese ISPs and your lovely site.

My iOS 6 devices are obviously fine over the same networks.

You may very well be already aware of this issue since it's affected my device since Beta 1, but I only just thought to mention it. I don't want other china based macrumors users to get some sort of nasty shock when iOS 7 ships!

I'm not sure what on earth I could do to help, but I'm willing to do so!

Last edited by iZac; Jul 17, 2013 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Resolved
iZac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2013, 08:55 AM   #2
aimee.elizabeth
macrumors 6502

Hi! I'm in china right now as well, in Hunan. And I can confirm that macrumors on my ios 7 iphone 5 works perfectly fine. In fact I'm typing on my phone right now! Macrumors works over my mobile data, I'm on china mobile, and over wifi, although I'm not sure who is the provider. I'm not sure what's wrong on your end though.

Maybe you can try a fresh restore? Or at least reset network settings?

Last edited by aimee.elizabeth; Jul 16, 2013 at 09:12 AM.
aimee.elizabeth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 08:14 AM   #3
iZac
macrumors 65816

That is strange indeed, I'm on china unicom in Shanghai, and my home provider is china telecom. Perhaps it is something to do with my device. I'll have to sleuth more. Will report back when I've had some free time to do so ...

...Well I feel like a fool, a quick reset of my network settings and all is well. Thank you so much for the guidance. I just couldn't fathom why macrumors was the only problem website, when I installed beta 1 as a fresh install on the device. Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Cheers!

Last edited by iZac; Jul 17, 2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Idiot
iZac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 06:50 PM   #4
aimee.elizabeth
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZac View Post
That is strange indeed, I'm on china unicom in Shanghai, and my home provider is china telecom. Perhaps it is something to do with my device. I'll have to sleuth more. Will report back when I've had some free time to do so ...

...Well I feel like a fool, a quick reset of my network settings and all is well. Thank you so much for the guidance. I just couldn't fathom why macrumors was the only problem website, when I installed beta 1 as a fresh install on the device. Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Cheers!
That's great! I'm glad it's resolved
aimee.elizabeth is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback