Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:13 PM   #1
instantApple
macrumors newbie

Need Advice or opinions

I have an iPhone 5 which is my breadwinner device, I do everything on my iPhone, but some music not all. I also have an iPod touch 4th gen which is my music and spotify player. I only do music on it, no apps, no photos, just music for gym or in the car..

Would any of you get the new 5th gen ipod touch? I love the screen size and thinness.. or would you just keep the 4th gen? thanks guys.
instantApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:29 PM   #2
Bear
macrumors G3

If you're just playing music on it, the screen size shouldn't really matter. As for the thinness, that is up to you.

In a car, the thickness doesn't matter. In a gym, depends on how you keep it near you.

If I was in your situation, I would stick with what I had. And the next time the iPhone got upgraded, get one that would cover both uses.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:38 PM   #3
instantApple
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
If you're just playing music on it, the screen size shouldn't really matter. As for the thinness, that is up to you.

In a car, the thickness doesn't matter. In a gym, depends on how you keep it near you.

If I was in your situation, I would stick with what I had. And the next time the iPhone got upgraded, get one that would cover both uses.
I totally hear what you are saying.. It's just the 5th touch looks so clean lol.. but you're right on that. i just needed someone else's opinion i guess.. haha
instantApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:56 AM   #4
moderately
macrumors regular

I needed the 5g touch for the apps I was running. What I like about it's form factor is its thicker edge. It is more comfortable to hold for longer. What I loved about the 4g was how well it disappeared in a pocket. The 4g is still a sweet piece of hardware.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:45 PM   #5
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

U already have a perfect combination.

U can even change Touch 4 to a nano for more comfortable use and more capacity if music is only thing u use it for. IMO, Touch 5 is a delicate piece of device and i wouldn't vote its durability compare to touch4.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:57 PM   #6
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantApple View Post
I have an iPhone 5 which is my breadwinner device, I do everything on my iPhone, but some music not all. I also have an iPod touch 4th gen which is my music and spotify player. I only do music on it, no apps, no photos, just music for gym or in the car..

Would any of you get the new 5th gen ipod touch? I love the screen size and thinness.. or would you just keep the 4th gen? thanks guys.
Keep the 4th gen. It's the same when it comes to playing music.

I have a 32GB 4th gen, use it for nothing else other than listening to music.
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch