Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeRuth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2013
Good day all, I do beleive this is not gonna happen but I want to pose the question based on my setup.

I have a client using a Sharp Projector that only has component input.

So I tried a HDMI to component adapter which indeed brought up video and audio, that was the good part, the bad is that when ever I try to get a source of HD video I receive the message that my equipment is not HDCP compliant.

Any Ideas on how I can get around that?

BTW this is a Legit Apple TV box, not Jail borken.

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
Kanex ATV Pro adapter

Kanex ATV Pro adapter will convert HDMI to split female VGA and 3.5mm Stereo outs, stripping HDCP along the way. Just add a separate VGA to component adapter for picture, and you should be golden.

Kanex.com

MikeRuth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2013
Kanex ATV Pro adapter will convert HDMI to split female VGA and 3.5mm Stereo outs, stripping HDCP along the way. Just add a separate VGA to component adapter for picture, and you should be golden.

Kanex.com

Thanks for the tip, although that device is not going to work with Component output.

Mike R

----------

Your right, I need a stripper and thanks for the tip.

Checking on the HD fury stuff now. that might work as long as my client goes along with the possibilty of something like this getting shut down. Hey I suppose it's possible.

Thanks, MIke R

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.