Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orange Crane

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
Uuhhh

That would take 1,000 swipes and my fingers are tired just after 50 swipes.
beavis_butt-head_image_washington_monument_01.jpg

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
The OP has very valid point, as great as the iPhone is the App Store needs a complete overhaul. It's a tedious process for me after about 40-50 swipes I'm done. I'm sure there is alot of apps in there that might interest me but my time is too valuable to continue swiping forever. I basically look at the top 50 in categories but sometimes get tired of seeing the same ones, what about app #565? That might be the one I want. :)

I would probably buy more apps if scrolling through them was easier. I sometimes wonder if there really are apps at # 985 or 1,102, I'll never know because I can't get to them. :apple:

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
And today I noticed that there are really good apps that far down. But I haven't actually bought many new apps since iOS6.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
i dont know...

by the time i reached page 9 i was convinced i had seen all the angry birds apps. angry piggy in page 9 certainly didnt qualify as a valid result given the search criteria.

not sure which angry birds app you were expecting to find in page 50.

if you wanted games similar to angry birds you should check apps such AppZapp, Appsfire or discovr apps which will give you recommendations.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
i dont know...

by the time i reached page 9 i was convinced i had seen all the angry birds apps. angry piggy in page 9 certainly didnt qualify as a valid result given the search criteria.

not sure which angry birds app you were expecting to find in page 50.

if you wanted games similar to angry birds you should check apps such AppZapp, Appsfire or discovr apps which will give you recommendations.

I'm curious now as to what that last of the 1,000+ apps actually is.

I'm going to see how far I can a really go before I say, "I've had it." Leave a comment open for me so I don't have to double post!

:)

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Just another reason why I'm still on iOS 5 :D

Seriously they need to stop screwing around and make things practical again.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Whew whew whew

I could only get to #415 before I just said, "F it."

But on the way down I did see some apps that I had to take a second look. None of them were download worthy I don't think. The card view is just uninspired.

Also, there are some actually really crappy apps in this store.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 53

Garrett67

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
I search for apps using Appsfire or Appzap Pro more than I use the App Store.

Plus, if I don't like the current price, I can have it notify me when it changes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.