Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:45 AM   #1
SR71
macrumors 65816

iPhone 5 battery life less than stellar

Okay, so over the course of the past few months, my battery life has slowly gotten worse and worse. I jailbroke it a few weeks back when evasi0n was released and have downloaded a few tweaks, nothing major. My battery life is continuing to get worse (it was getting worse even before the jailbreak, so I know the JB isn't the problem). So my next step would be to restore, right? Well, there's a bit of an issue... I have a lot of apps that I would HATE to have to manually reinstall and then organize into the folders that I currently have them in, rejailbreak and have to remember what tweaks I had enabled and how they were setup... it'd be a long process.

So, I have some questions. When I restore, can I restore from an iCloud backup or does it need to be a full restore, no backups, nothing? What would be the best way to go about with restoring my phone so that I don't lose my folder configurations, all my apps, music, pictures, etc.?

Thanks!

-------------------------------
SR71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:55 PM   #2
SR71
macrumors 65816

Anyone have any suggestions?

-------------------------------
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:37 PM   #3
lelisa13p
macrumors 65816

What do you call "less than stellar"? Do you get thru a full day on a charge? Plug in every nite and start the day with a full charge. If that doesn't work for you, then you do have a problem. On a full charge, my iP5 will go sometimes for 36+ hours and sometimes for almost 3 days, depending on what I've been doing. I try to charge when it gets less than 40%.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:08 AM   #4
SR71
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelisa13p View Post
What do you call "less than stellar"? Do you get thru a full day on a charge? Plug in every nite and start the day with a full charge. If that doesn't work for you, then you do have a problem. On a full charge, my iP5 will go sometimes for 36+ hours and sometimes for almost 3 days, depending on what I've been doing. I try to charge when it gets less than 40%.
When I first got my iPhone back on release day it was getting an easy 7+ hours of usage, today I had 2.5 hours of usage and it was already down to 30% from a full 100% charge. My usage patterns have not changed and in the time I've had my iPhone 5 I've probably downloaded about 15-20 new apps, although I did delete about 48 old apps just last night.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:15 AM   #5
g0odfr1end102
macrumors 6502

Yup, my battery is also starting to drain faster and faster (I would say it holds up for 6-7hours with only with very light usage). I really wonder if the Jailbreak has caused this...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone