Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:20 PM   #476
SL4VE
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayburn View Post
Pfft...so much for all sides protected.

Remember people, if you have this then be sure to regularly take it off and remove dust and what not. Something has got in mine and left me with a nice scratch and little chip on the chamfered edge
Yep same on mine. Minute to be honest. But still visible. Mines now for sale too cheaper than eBay with the screen protector
SL4VE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:33 PM   #477
millerhifi
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL4VE View Post
Yep same on mine. Minute to be honest. But still visible. Mines now for sale too cheaper than eBay with the screen protector
Yup, they all do and for this reason I've given up on any of them. Naked now with just a BodyGuardz Pure and aluminium home button.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:47 AM   #478
fishmd
macrumors 65816

Just thought I would do a quick update for my all black case. After using it off and on for a couple of months, the matte finish is peeling/wearing off of the edges of the case. This is likely from sliding it in and out of my pocket. Kind of to be expected I guess, but I am kind of disappointed that it is happening so quickly.
fishmd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:35 AM   #479
Grayburn
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmd View Post
Just thought I would do a quick update for my all black case. After using it off and on for a couple of months, the matte finish is peeling/wearing off of the edges of the case. This is likely from sliding it in and out of my pocket. Kind of to be expected I guess, but I am kind of disappointed that it is happening so quickly.
I've had mine since early November and it's showing no signs of wear and tear and it's in and out of my pockets all the time.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:48 AM   #480
rcw2012
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayburn View Post
I've had mine since early November and it's showing no signs of wear and tear and it's in and out of my pockets all the time.
Same here. Had black air jacket on phone constantly since end of November and looks as good now as day I got it.
rcw2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:59 PM   #481
fishmd
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcw2012 View Post
Same here. Had black air jacket on phone constantly since end of November and looks as good now as day I got it.
Really? Hum. I would take pictures to show you all what I mean, but it would be hard to capture I think. Basically along a lot of the edges of the case, particularly on the front top border, there is no longer a matte finish. That has come off and is now shiny black instead. And no, it is not just dirty or oily. It has happened to a lesser degree on the back of the case as well in a few spots where the case has the angled surface.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:39 PM   #482
RichardC300
macrumors 6502a

What happened to the black air jacket on their website? Also, how are people's experiences with drops with this case.
RichardC300 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:07 PM   #483
erayser
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC300 View Post
What happened to the black air jacket on their website? Also, how are people's experiences with drops with this case.
Amazon has them for $39.95... which is what the PS website sells them for. If you are a prime member, you can get free 2 day shipping.
erayser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:34 PM   #484
fishmd
macrumors 65816

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358804016.660965.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	391704here is a picture to show an example of what I am talking about. You can see the shiny black coming through on the edge here where the matte finish has come off. Again, kind of hard to see in pictures, but there. Many cases with matte finish have this problem however. This is not unique to powersupport. I was just hopeful it would last longer than it has with only mild use for a couple of months.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:13 PM   #485
rcw2012
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmd View Post
Attachment 391704here is a picture to show an example of what I am talking about. You can see the shiny black coming through on the edge here where the matte finish has come off. Again, kind of hard to see in pictures, but there. Many cases with matte finish have this problem however. This is not unique to powersupport. I was just hopeful it would last longer than it has with only mild use for a couple of months.
Strange. I am a bit OCD with looking after the case/phone so maybe mine just hasn't worn as much. If I look at the two top corners on the front of mine I do see a tiny bit of wear but probably just from where its scraped as I've taken the phone out of the case a few times.
rcw2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:58 PM   #486
erayser
macrumors 6502a

I don't consider myself OCD... and every iPhone I've owned since the first OG iPhone had scratches and scuffs, but I would tend to think that iPhone owners would rather see wear and tear on a case than the iPhone itself. However, I understand why people expect higher quality if the case cost $40. Also, I know some iPhone owners buy cases to pimp out their iPhone for looks... and not just for protection. As for me, if it is protecting the phone from scratching and scuffs, then the case is doing it's job. Now that I seen pics of the wear and tear, I'll probably be looking for it now. This forum still has a chance of turning me OCD... LOL...
erayser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2013, 03:38 PM   #487
Thekidtorres
macrumors regular

Hi all,Ii am very interested in buying a black air jacket, but I would like to know if its hard plastic or what material.
Thank you very much.
Thekidtorres is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2013, 02:01 PM   #488
Kevin813
macrumors newbie

Are there any video reviews for this case in English?
Kevin813 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2013, 08:38 PM   #489
Bako-MacAddict
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekidtorres View Post
Hi all,Ii am very interested in buying a black air jacket, but I would like to know if its hard plastic or what material.
Thank you very much.
It has a soft matte finished on the back . Feels good in hand . Looks awesome with the black iphone . I had that combination when I had my black phone .

Ps just noticed your post was a month old. Lol
Bako-MacAddict is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2013, 12:44 AM   #490
Mellisaray
Banned

Made in Japan? How can we order it?
Mellisaray is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2013, 01:05 AM   #491
Bako-MacAddict
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellisaray View Post
Search it on amazon
Bako-MacAddict is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 10:03 AM   #492
Thekidtorres
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellisaray View Post
On ebay there is a seller that has all the cases from power support, and he is from USA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Thekidtorres is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 10:53 AM   #493
Grayburn
macrumors 65816

Remember people to take it off every few days or everyday if you wish. I took my Black Air Jacket off last night and have found a nasty little chip on the chamfered edge, pissed!

Cant for the life of me think how it happened, i'm thinking maybe a grain of salt got down the side and got rubbed about.

Chucked the Black in the drawer and now have the Clear smoke on as i can see any build up of crap with this one.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 06:12 AM   #494
barryst
macrumors regular

Was absolutely going to go for this case until I saw people note that it causes scratches on the chamfered edges ugh
barryst is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:43 AM   #495
Grayburn
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryst View Post
Was absolutely going to go for this case until I saw people note that it causes scratches on the chamfered edges ugh
It's not the case itself but crap that gets down the gaps at the side.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories