Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamsMochi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Er what?

I'm using the official apple lightning connecter that came with the damn iphone an it just started giving me this crap. The charger has been working fine until my battery drained and started to recharge it.

The stupid thing is, the annoying pop up message appears even when I'm not charging! Is it something wrong with my phone? Charger? Should I restore my iphone? It's annoying because the message keeps popping up!

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
“This cable or accessory is not certified or may not work reliable with this iPhone”

I have same thing with my iPhone 5 it started after the iOS 7 update , Apple told me it was not the correct cable I was using but it was the one that came with the phone . So I bought a replacement to prove them wrong. This time when charging I got the error message .( The new cable, is only about 2 months old) and it stopped charging my phone and is now flat so I cant even reboot to try anything else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.