Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
And still no sticky! ;)

Haha, I have been told on more than one occasion not to expect one.

Which, is sad. Because 90% of the questions posted quickly become waste as they could all be answered this this thread.

No worries, it benefits the community so I'll keep it updated!

Overkill2009

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2013
I have an iPhone 5 6.1.3 , can I jailbreak this somehow? I can see that 6.1.3 isn't jailbreakable, but can I go back to 6.1.2?

Sorry for the newbie question.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have an iPhone 5 6.1.3 , can I jailbreak this somehow? I can see that 6.1.3 isn't jailbreakable, but can I go back to 6.1.2?

No, 6.1.3 cannot be jailbroken and there is no way to downgrade an iPhone 5 to a previous firmware. You're stuck without a jailbreak most likely until several months after iOS 7 is out.

Robynfclark

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2013
I have the iPhone 4S, and I believe I'm running iOS 6.1, am I correct in thinking that I can't downgrade to a different iOS version that has a jailbreak? Trying to figure out when I can get my phone jail broken.
Do I have to wait for iOS 7 to come out? And if yes, should I just not do the software updates and stay where I am?

Please help :) would love some advice

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I have the iPhone 4S, and I believe I'm running iOS 6.1, am I correct in thinking that I can't downgrade to a different iOS version that has a jailbreak? Trying to figure out when I can get my phone jail broken.
Do I have to wait for iOS 7 to come out? And if yes, should I just not do the software updates and stay where I am?

Please help :) would love some advice

you cannot downgrade, but you can jb using evasion since you are in 6.1
http://evasi0n.com

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
Iphone 4, GSM, 4.12.02 or 4.12.05 not sure! iOS 6.3.1, no saved shsh blobs from 6.2.1, I CANT jailbreak correct? But I can jailbreak tethered, is that optimal? Just means I will have to plug my phone in and reboot from computer? Sorry noob here! I think I get the gist of it though I just need some clarification

snarfangelo

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2013
Mh, thanks. So there is no possibility to jailbreak a 6.1.3 iPad mini at all?

Hi,
does this apply to the Retina iPad running iOS 6.1.3 as well? No possibility at all even if I'm willing to risk bricking (not sure about this yet) the iPad?

Jynto

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2012
Nottingham, UK
Hi,
does this apply to the Retina iPad running iOS 6.1.3 as well? No possibility at all even if I'm willing to risk bricking (not sure about this yet) the iPad?

Mh, thanks. So there is no possibility to jailbreak a 6.1.3 iPad mini at all?

Not yet, but keep your fingers crossed. Winocm and ih8sn0w have discovered a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3-4. They are new developers, but Winocm has already proved he can jailbreak iPhones with this hack. All they have to do now is create a foolproof utility that anyone can use. It should be ready by the end of this year at the latest. :D

It is by no means guaranteed, but I believe they can do it. There is no official release date. It will be released when it's ready. If you're impatient, you can always follow their Twitter feeds.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Not yet, but keep your fingers crossed. Winocm and ih8sn0w have discovered a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3-4. They are new developers, but Winocm has already proved he can jailbreak iPhones with this hack. All they have to do now is create a foolproof utility that anyone can use. It should be ready by the end of this year at the latest. :D

It is by no means guaranteed, but I believe they can do it. There is no official release date. It will be released when it's ready. If you're impatient, you can always follow their Twitter feeds.

ih8sn0w is not a new dev….

snarfangelo

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2013
Thanks!
Too bad that it's impossible. I would've needed the Retina iPad iOS 6.1.3. jailbreak now (within a week) to run Activator.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.