Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedi74

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
how do I put a CD onto my iPod touch 5 with iTunes 11.0.1????

please, if you know can you give me step by step directions? i've searched everywhere.....

thanks!

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Can't give exact direction but there should be icon on your itune to pull songs from cd and turn them into mp3 or acc. Then you can just sync to your pods through usb.

jedi74

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Can't give exact direction but there should be icon on your itune to pull songs from cd and turn them into mp3 or acc. Then you can just sync to your pods through usb.

yeah but i can't find a way to drag the songs into the play lists on my ipod.....

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
You need to import the cd. Go to iTunes menu>preferences>general, there you'll find the settings for importing. Set it up the way you want, i.e. the file size and format you want(256 Kbps and AAC is fine) and then click the ok button. Insert the cd into your 'puter and you'll see it show up in the side bar. Click on the cd and you'll see the import button in the bottom right corner. Click import and do a little dance for having imported your first cd!

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
yeah but i can't find a way to drag the songs into the play lists on my ipod.....

On the top right corner, u should be able to choose to see your playlist or your library. Choose to see playlist on your ipod, then check the new songs you already import. Also, in future you should just check box autosync new music to avoid any difficulties.

I agree that new Itunes is troublesome. Annoying and confused looks. I dont know if it eats less ram or not.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
You need to import the cd. Go to iTunes menu>preferences>general, there you'll find the settings for importing. Set it up the way you want, i.e. the file size and format you want(256 Kbps and AAC is fine) and then click the ok button. Insert the cd into your 'puter and you'll see it show up in the side bar. Click on the cd and you'll see the import button in the bottom right corner. Click import and do a little dance for having imported your first cd!

This. Useful feature though, but most people nowadays just download straight away from the net. CDs are like a thing from the past in 2013.. Just sayin.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
A better choice would be install XLD on your Mac.
It has accurip for error free ripping. Also can add into iTunes plus many more features. Free too.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
This. Useful feature though, but most people nowadays just download straight away from the net. CDs are like a thing from the past in 2013.. Just sayin.

I still have some old CDs laying around. I ripped them long ago in iTunes however

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.