Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
I don't plan on gaming in this machine but I was asked in another thread and by 2 people by PM to run this benchmark, so here it is.

I don't really know what these results mean. Yes, I can compare to what they tell me there, but I haven't use any of those so... I hope you guys can tell me how this compares to a 2011 iMac or Mini with dedicated graphic cards.

(Both CPU and GPU benchmarks)

EDIT: Mini is: 2.6GHz i7, 16GB RAM and 256GB SSD.

Attachments

• CPU.png
    CPU.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,316
  • GPU.png
    GPU.png
    2 MB · Views: 976

k.alexander

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2010
Thanks for the results, but can someone explain the Cinebemch results to the rest of us.

Are these results only for gaming? Or are they at all representative of graphic performance for photo work (Aperture / Photoshop)?

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
Cinema 4D is a 3D rendering app, and the makers created a standalone rendering app to benchmark systems cross platform. Rendering 3D is a complex multi core activity with huge memory bandwidth and complex floatingpoint and normal instructions. Guess it compares to movie rendering and heavy photoshop filters.

The GPU is tested with a complex real time rendering. The result of the HD 4000 is great. My radeon Mini does 24 fps, so 2 frames less for integrated is almost negligable.

----------

CPU is more than twice as fast as the radeon mini: Mine score 2.82

dasx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
Cinema 4D is a 3D rendering app, and the makers created a standalone rendering app to benchmark systems cross platform. Rendering 3D is a complex multi core activity with huge memory bandwidth and complex floatingpoint and normal instructions. Guess it compares to movie rendering and heavy photoshop filters.

The GPU is tested with a complex real time rendering. The result of the HD 4000 is great. My radeon Mini does 24 fps, so 2 frames less for integrated is almost negligable.

----------

CPU is more than twice as fast as the radeon mini: Mine score 2.82

I can understand the graphics not being so great, but this CPU is a beast. Now that I've had more days to get used to it, speed is awesome!

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
I don't plan on gaming in this machine but I was asked in another thread and by 2 people by PM to run this benchmark, so here it is.

I don't really know what these results mean. Yes, I can compare to what they tell me there, but I haven't use any of those so... I hope you guys can tell me how this compares to a 2011 iMac or Mini with dedicated graphic cards.

EDIT: Mini is: 2.6GHz i7, 16GB RAM and 256GB SSD.

As a comparison my 2010 Mac Pro 3.2 quad, 24GB 1044MHz RAM and WD RE4 2TB HD typically scores about 5.7 on the CPU and 35 +-3 on the OpenGL on either Mountain Lion or Lion. It rates slightly slower on CPU and about 50% OpenGL faster than yours. Your mini is pretty cool IMHO.

On Windows 8 the MP gets OpenGL scores in the low to mid 60s. A new mini running Windows might get OK gaming frame rates.

BTW, my top-of-the-line BTO late 2009 mini 2.66 C2D gets up to 6.4 OpenGL and 1.54 CPU from Cinebench. Can you believe that?

dasx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
As a comparison my 2010 Mac Pro 3.2 quad, 24GB 1044MHz RAM and WD RE4 2TB HD typically scores about 5.7 on the CPU and 35 +-3 on the OpenGL on either Mountain Lion or Lion. It rates slightly slower on CPU and about 50% OpenGL faster than yours. Your mini is pretty cool IMHO.

On Windows 8 the MP gets OpenGL scores in the low to mid 60s. A new mini running Windows might get OK gaming frame rates.

It's amazing to see how machines evolve. Just 2 years and a simple Mini outperforms the CPU of a 2 year old Mac Pro. Amazing!!

BTW, my top-of-the-line BTO late 2009 mini 2.66 C2D gets up to 6.4 OpenGL and 1.54 CPU from Cinebench. Can you believe that?

I had a 2010 2.4GHz Core2Duo Mini and the difference is huge. I do some CPU starving programs at work and when testing them at home, processing times are incredible compared to the 2010 Mini. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.