Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odaiwai

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2006
Hong Kong
Exchange rate on the Honk Kong dollar is $1 HK = .13 US cents so .13 X 770 is equal to a $100 dollar discount in the US. Not a bad flat rate discount for things like iPods and iPads.

Except that the flat discount is off MacBooks. iPad and iPod Touch get an 8% to 10% discount.

coolspot18

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2010
Canada
I am in India and the last time I checked it was definitely a part of Asia... But sadly no such sale for us... :(

But ofcourse RED Friday isn't celebrated here... :p

With the FDI now approved in India for the retail sector I wonder how long will it be before we see Apple Retail stores here...

Does India celebrate New Year during the same time as other Asian countries? Just wondering.

----------

Exchange rate on the Honk Kong dollar is $1 HK = .13 US cents so .13 X 770 is equal to a $100 dollar discount in the US. Not a bad flat rate discount for things like iPods and iPads.

Not to mention there is no sales tax in Hong Kong.

avus

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2002
So that means people from Israel, Afghanistan, eastern Russia and Japan are just as out of luck as the many Asian customers in non-Asian countries. :rolleyes:

We already had this exclusively in Japan on January 2, with similar discounts plus annual "lucky" or grab bag sale. It is a Japanese business tradition to mark the first day of retailing and Apple has totally been embracing it for years. There were hundreds of people lining up in front of Apple Stores on New Year's Day (despite frigid weather!) to buy a mystery bag containing various Apple products and accessories at a fixed price (33000 JPY). The catch was, while most of the bags contained an iPod Mini as the main item, but the lucky few received a bag with either an iPad (fourth generation) or a MacBook Air 11", making it worth far more in total than the purchase price.

Search "Apple Lucky Bag" and you'll see what I am talking about.

daxomni

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2009
We already had this exclusively in Japan on January 2, with similar discounts plus annual "lucky" or grab bag sale. It is a Japanese business tradition to mark the first day of retailing and Apple has totally been embracing it for years. There were hundreds of people lining up in front of Apple Stores on New Year's Day (despite frigid weather!) to buy a mystery bag containing various Apple products and accessories at a fixed price (33000 JPY). The catch was, while most of the bags contained an iPod Mini as the main item, but the lucky few received a bag with either an iPad (fourth generation) or a MacBook Air 11", making it worth far more in total than the purchase price. Search "Apple Lucky Bag" and you'll see what I am talking about.

$330 for an iPod Mini?

Daito-sensei

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
2013 Year of the Black Water Snake

Yes, but will it come in Chinese New Year Red or black water snake color?

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
Don't you guys mean Asian Countries?? Something tells me Apple isn't checking your ethnic background for eligibility status...! :)

What if you are live in china and you are not Asian? so confusing /sarcasm

What if you are married to an asian or adopted asian children?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.