Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wurly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2013
Hi there,

I created a video in imovie and now I want to export it.

When I click 'share', all of the options are grayed out except for 'remove from'.

I heard that if you duplicate the project by selecting file>duplicate project, that sometimes stops the graying out in the share menu. However, duplicate project is also grayed out for me.

Can someone please help?

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Hi there,

I created a video in imovie and now I want to export it.

When I click 'share', all of the options are grayed out except for 'remove from'.

I heard that if you duplicate the project by selecting file>duplicate project, that sometimes stops the graying out in the share menu. However, duplicate project is also grayed out for me.

Can someone please help?

Let me understand your situation. You have a movie in iMovie and if you look in the upper left at your active storyboard, there is a movie there, right? It's not merely sitting down at the bottom of the screen, right? If your movie is sitting at the bottom but hasn't been added to the active storyboard there is nothing to export.

Wurly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2013
Let me understand your situation. You have a movie in iMovie and if you look in the upper left at your active storyboard, there is a movie there, right? It's not merely sitting down at the bottom of the screen, right? If your movie is sitting at the bottom but hasn't been added to the active storyboard there is nothing to export.

Oh dear. How embarrassing. :) I'm a bit of a technophobe.

How do I get it up top? I've tried to drag it and select all but it will only send one frame up. Presumably there is a way that i'm not aware of?

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Oh dear. How embarrassing. :) I'm a bit of a technophobe.

How do I get it up top? I've tried to drag it and select all but it will only send one frame up. Presumably there is a way that i'm not aware of?

Let's say you have a movie of a child's birthday party sitting at the bottom. Click and drag to select everything you want in your storyboard and then drag it to the upper left. Once it is sitting in the top area, the greyed out "share" options will become enabled.

Wurly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2013
Let's say you have a movie of a child's birthday party sitting at the bottom. Click and drag to select everything you want in your storyboard and then drag it to the upper left. Once it is sitting in the top area, the greyed out "share" options will become enabled.

Thank you so much. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.