Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rekhyt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
Part of the old MR guard.
I am unable to find the highlighting feature in the 'Annotations' function in Preview (Mountain Lion 10.8.1). Is it still there?

When I searched using the Help Menu I only saw a keyboard shortcut for it but no button to turn highlighting constantly on.

Thanks in advance.

Update: Found it, its right in the menu.

Is there any way to revert the highlight to non-skeumorphic straight highlight? It's really horrendous, and while I tolerate the switch to skeumorphic design for apps like iCal and Address Book, the highlighting is terrible.

thasan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Germany
I am unable to find the highlighting feature in the 'Annotations' function in Preview (Mountain Lion 10.8.1). Is it still there?

When I searched using the Help Menu I only saw a keyboard shortcut for it but no button to turn highlighting constantly on.

Thanks in advance.

Update: Found it, its right in the menu.

Is there any way to revert the highlight to non-skeumorphic straight highlight? It's really horrendous, and while I tolerate the switch to skeumorphic design for apps like iCal and Address Book, the highlighting is terrible.

really? i quite like the new highlight style ;)

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
to OP I completely agree. It is horrible. and really distracting when you are trying to just read a pdf to see that horrible texture look.

Any updates on a way to revert this?

It makes me sad because in nearly every other way but the highlighting function (horrible skeumorphism and lack of custom colors) the preview.app in mountain lion is much better than in Lion :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.