Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HoldernessMedia

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2011
Does Logic 8 work on Lion yet or still doesn't work?

Thanks!

Logic 8 works on Lion, the issue can arise from installing Logic 8 from the original install DVD's which have PPC code that Lion doesn't like.
Create images of your DVD's and put them on an external hdd, then try installing from them, this worked without a hitch for my friend on a MacBook with 10.7.3

Heres someone else's method you can try as well.
http://derek-sanders.net/?p=1267

PatrickNL

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
Extremely easy solution!

I had the same problems trying to install Logic Studio Pro 8 using its original DVD's.

I solved the problem extremely easy and without any Terminal commands or workarounds:

Using you SNow Leopard Install DVD install Rosetta (found under "Additional Software") into Lion. Reboot and after that Logic Studio Pro 8 will install without any errors.

I've been using it after this install for a couple of months now, without any workarounds, errors, lost plug-ins and so on, whatsoever.

Hope it helps :)

Patrick.

HoldernessMedia

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2011
I had the same problems trying to install Logic Studio Pro 8 using its original DVD's.

I solved the problem extremely easy and without any Terminal commands or workarounds:

Using you SNow Leopard Install DVD install Rosetta (found under "Additional Software") into Lion. Reboot and after that Logic Studio Pro 8 will install without any errors.

I've been using it after this install for a couple of months now, without any workarounds, errors, lost plug-ins and so on, whatsoever.

Patrick.

Great idea, thanks for sharing!

drumdude55

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012

Patrick.

So, do I need to buy snow leopard if I don't have it to make my Logic Pro 8 work with Macbook Pro w Lion? It's only $19.99.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.