Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drkmnx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
Hey Guys

I am going to buy New Imac 27` but i am wondering which is the best options for Performance ? (Boot Drive)

Fusion Drive or Lacie Little Big Disk TB SSD 512GB RAID 0 ?

vannibombonato

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2007
Hey Guys

I am going to buy New Imac 27` but i am wondering which is the best options for Performance ? (Boot Drive)

Fusion Drive or Lacie Little Big Disk TB SSD 512GB RAID 0 ?

I have two LBD 1TB SSDs that i'll use for storage in Raid, alongside a fusion 1TB that will be for the OS and Apps.

The Lacie is uberfast (already tested them with my MB Air), and obviously has way more SSD space than the fusion option.

Things to consider:
1- If you don't have particular needs in terms of having data you frequently use on SSD, the Fusion is a great option: the system will just feel super fast.
2- The LBD is very fast, but one drawback you might want to keep in mind is that it is noisy. You can hide it somewhere but you definitely are going to hear it if you keep it next to the imac (the cooling vent is always on, whether it's used or not, quite a stupid design flaw indeed).

Net, if you are not a pro photographer / video editor / musicmaker i'd go for the fusion.

drkmnx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
Thank you for clear answer .

I am not worry about capacity, noise or something like that . i am just worry about performance . Yeah i am a photographer and video editor so :)

and I am wondering about LBD SSDs brand ? Do u know that ?

thank you so much again .

----------

I have two LBD 1TB SSDs that i'll use for storage in Raid, alongside a fusion 1TB that will be for the OS and Apps.

The Lacie is uberfast (already tested them with my MB Air), and obviously has way more SSD space than the fusion option.

Things to consider:
1- If you don't have particular needs in terms of having data you frequently use on SSD, the Fusion is a great option: the system will just feel super fast.
2- The LBD is very fast, but one drawback you might want to keep in mind is that it is noisy. You can hide it somewhere but you definitely are going to hear it if you keep it next to the imac (the cooling vent is always on, whether it's used or not, quite a stupid design flaw indeed).

Net, if you are not a pro photographer / video editor / musicmaker i'd go for the fusion.

Thank you for clear answer .

I am not worry about capacity, noise or something like that . i am just worry about performance . Yeah i am a photographer and video editor so

and I am wondering about LBD SSDs brand ? Do u know that ?

thank you so much again .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.