Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kioskguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
Hello, I recently installed a fresh Office and Outlook 2011 on a new MacBook Pro. I've been using it for about a month and am getting used to it. Not as good of features as the Windows version but a few nice unique features. It's pulling from a new Exchange 2010 server (recently upgraded from 2003).

The problem: I've noticed that some messages do not arrive in my Inbox for several minutes or sometimes hours. I will have been reading through my inbox (sorted by date received) and then suddenly a new message shows up farther down the list. It wasn't there an hour ago when it was "supposedly" received.
Today I noticed that in my Exchange Web access (OWA) a message was waiting marked as unread but it did not come through into Outlook. Not even after hitting the send/receive and Sync buttons repeatedly. More messages arrived afterwards in OWA as well as Outlook but it chose not to bring in that one message. I can't seem to figure out why some messages come through right away and others are pulled in much later.
Could it be an issue with Exchange (then why would it be in OWA?) Is it something to do with the connection? I think it is Outlook itself being buggy but cannot be sure.

Thanks for any help. Especially if this is a known issue.

kioskguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
I also notice that it is slow to update the Sent Items in Outlook. Some sent items appear in Exchange OWA but not in Outlook itself. Even hours later. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.