Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 19, 2013, 01:38 PM   #1
TooLowToZero
macrumors newbie

Help with Bluetooth connection please

Hi, I have a iPad 4 & iPhone 5. I am unable to pair both together for some reason! Both have Bluetooth switched on and both searching, but won't find each other. They are searching but never find each unit, even side by side? Am I missing something? I have downloaded an App to transfer pictures and would like to get it working. Both search for ever, with no luck.
TooLowToZero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 03:35 PM   #2
ApfelKuchen
macrumors 6502

I have no problem making a connection (iPhone 4, original iPad) with the app I use (PhotoShare). The trick is, you have to connect using the in-app process, and the app has to be on screen on both devices. As soon as you switch out of the app, the connection is broken. I believe that's a "feature" of the PAN (Personal Area Network) Bluetooth profile, or at least Apple's implementation - seems like a good security practice (no connections left open accidentally or surreptitiously).

If you leave the app open on one device and you go to Settings > General > Bluetooth on the other, you will not see your other iOS device listed. This is expected behavior. The way I look at it is, it's the programs that are pairing over an established network, not the iOS device per se.
ApfelKuchen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:04 AM   #3
TooLowToZero
macrumors newbie

Downloaded the App and it works, thanks.
TooLowToZero is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad