Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:42 AM   #26
alent1234
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbarry View Post
If you read the full report, you will see that the lifetime value of an Apple user has dropped much faster than their purchases per iTunes account. In other words Apple users should be abandoning Apple rapidly. All the Apple hate sure has people thinking that Apple is horrible, but those who use it love it! Lots of upside for Apple the stock and Apple the company, despite all the negative, and its all proven by the numbers.

Most of the recent users don't plan on buying anything. Like my mom, her friends and my mother in law

Lots of free apps
alent1234 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:12 PM   #27
umerakawaru
macrumors newbie

DRM movie limitations

Perhaps the $40.00 purchase average per month has to do with Apple's DRM limitations. I purchased a VGA adapter for my iPod Touch. I can watch Netflix but I cannot watch my SD or HD iTunes movies. I was infuriated during a movie night with my friends. The movie I had purchased showed up on the screen then goes blank with the message on my iPod "The connected display is not authorized to play protected movies". That's when I decided never to purchase movies on iTunes if its available elsewhere, like on Google Play. I gladly spend my money elsewhere. I LOVE Mac OS X for work ( music production) but I'm getting the hell out of Apple's mobile ecosystem. Blackberry 10 looks good and responsive. Disclaimer: The makers of the OS, QNX, are headquartered in my city...
umerakawaru is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 06:08 PM   #28
paul4339
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedept View Post
Actually meant Ebay. If you are a seller on Ebay, you are required. I would think Ebay has many sellers? Also said I could be wrong.
According eBay (January 16th, 2013) the company has 112.3 million active users.

paul4339 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 03:13 PM   #29
beaniemyman
Banned

that's huge! apple really knows how to play the game. congrats apple!, you deserved this success
beaniemyman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 03:20 PM   #30
JoEw
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by umerakawaru View Post
Perhaps the $40.00 purchase average per month has to do with Apple's DRM limitations. I purchased a VGA adapter for my iPod Touch. I can watch Netflix but I cannot watch my SD or HD iTunes movies. I was infuriated during a movie night with my friends. The movie I had purchased showed up on the screen then goes blank with the message on my iPod "The connected display is not authorized to play protected movies". That's when I decided never to purchase movies on iTunes if its available elsewhere, like on Google Play. I gladly spend my money elsewhere. I LOVE Mac OS X for work ( music production) but I'm getting the hell out of Apple's mobile ecosystem. Blackberry 10 looks good and responsive. Disclaimer: The makers of the OS, QNX, are headquartered in my city...
Well this is more at fault with the movie studios than apple. I mean they are the ones who want the limitations Apple would rather give you as many options as possible so you use their service. The "ecosystem" is not to blame, it is the entertainment industry.

You know what pisses me off? I can rent a movie for 24 hours at Redbox for 1.50 but that same rental on iTunes is 5-6 dollars.. wtf. That my friend is ********.

Of course Apple does not decide pricing, they can try their damn best to negotiate but ultimately a deal has to be signed by the other guys.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 03:24 PM   #31
MegamanX
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by markieg View Post
Doesn't reflect the number of users,

Still unable to merge/migrate iTunes accounts
to me the fact that they can not merge/migrate iTunes accounts tells me that something is fundamentally wrong with how their databases are set up.

That should not be to hard of an issue to fix.
MegamanX is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion