Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Jun 20, 2013, 04:17 PM   #26
Plonked
macrumors newbie

Does any one know if the iCloud support means I can play my save game from my Mac version and the other way round?
Plonked is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 06:02 PM   #27
ayeying
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to ayeying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plonked View Post
Does any one know if the iCloud support means I can play my save game from my Mac version and the other way round?
Not sure if it supports the mac version. The iPhone and iPad yes.

It crashes quite a bit on my iPad Mini though
ayeying is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 06:55 PM   #28
Yield85
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodriguise View Post
This stupid game crashes every 10 minutes on my iPad2.
While I am sorry you have to suffer that. I am also glad you brought it before I did. I will wait for the Ipad 5 to download it.

Although I might buy it now, just to encourage more games like this.
Yield85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 06:09 PM   #29
ayeying
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to ayeying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yield85 View Post
While I am sorry you have to suffer that. I am also glad you brought it before I did. I will wait for the Ipad 5 to download it.

Although I might buy it now, just to encourage more games like this.
Something must be wrong with that iPad. After I restarted my iPad mini, I was able to play for hours with no crash
ayeying is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 09:13 PM   #30
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeying View Post
Something must be wrong with that iPad. After I restarted my iPad mini, I was able to play for hours with no crash
Yup. I'm pretty sure XCOM eats a lot of ram. It'd probably be a good idea to close all your background apps before playing it.
Renzatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 09:26 PM   #31
aznguyen316
macrumors 68000

Great great game, got it for $10 an PC, loved it. From guys that made Civilization. Turn based strategy game, very difficult but lots of fun. I played it on easiest mode and I still found it hard! Glad to see this on iOS as it should work pretty well with the touch. Plus turn based gameplay makes it easy to play a few turns and then quit and continue later.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 06:17 AM   #32
InTheMist
macrumors member

Love this game on a Mac.
Downloading now.
InTheMist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 02:36 PM   #33
otismotive77
macrumors 6502

when i saw the price, i was like....wow, that's expensive for an app, but then i downloaded it, played the game for hours and i have to say the this game is worth $20. awesome graphics, great story, amazing details, etc.
i'd definitely recommend this app to everyone who's looking for a great action game.
otismotive77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 05:00 PM   #34
neo1
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightarchaon View Post
Everyone should buy this, Baulders gate, and Kotor on the iPad, and i mean EVERYONE !! this is the quality of game we want, and ill happily pay $20 for a game ill play for months, rather than $0.99 for something ill have forgotten ive installed by next week (Or worse, pay nothing for a game that wants me to spend $100s to play it over time)

We need to support this level of quality, and the only way to do that is to pay them what they are worth, and its not 99cents, $20 is, i feel, a fair asking price for a game that was $60+ on all other formats with the depth and longevity that this has.
This, we'll worth it. Just got it yesterday
neo1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2013, 06:45 AM   #35
lucemfero
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo1 View Post
This, we'll worth it. Just got it yesterday

+1! It's really nice even on the iPad Mini. I have just played 3-4 missions so far and closed everything else before starting the game, but it runs really smoothly.

The only downside is that the loading times are rather long, so it's not possible to do a quick mission on the bus or something like that ;-)

Also got the Last of Us for PS3 last week and I have to say, that XCOM has more 'hours played' even though I played through the console version last winter. Addicted!
lucemfero is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion