Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricardoflamingo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
I shot a video on my iPhone 5. About 30 seconds into it I turned the phone and ended up with that part forward sideways.
Anyone know how to fix this? I sort of did it in Quicktime but part of it is cutoff. I guess what I need is the 1st part widescreen (currently) and the rest vertical.
Anyone? Thanks

ricardoflamingo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Rtfm

I guess I need To RTFM on all 3 suggestions. I was able to split it into 2 segments and rotate the sideways one but I just don't "get" how to put them back together into one. Thanks for the help and suggestions. This is great community, kinda reminds me of Guy Kawasaki's Evangelista mail list thingy of days gone by.

Last edited:

It wasn't me

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2013
I think copy / paste is your friend.
I cannot remember the exact button-for-button process but, with mpegstreamclip you can just open a new project and paste in the corrected video files from another mpegstreamclip window, to gradually create one master file.

Using Option I and Option O you can set the in and out points where your pastes or snips will be.

Good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.