Problems with your iPad Mini 'unable to connect' to Wi-Fi? Its your 2.4 Ghz antenna - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:01 PM   #26
JPNFRK7
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSince'85 View Post
My router (AirPort Extreme White gumdrop style) is only 2.4 ghz. I was just wondering if there is a way to know what another hotspot is running at so I can test my devices on both frequencies to verify proper functioning.
I don't know if you can without logging into the router. There might be an app out there but I haven't heard of one. The only way I knew it was the 2.4ghz antenna was because it wasn't working on both of my routers. You could try borrowing a router from a friend to test it out.
JPNFRK7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:52 AM   #27
MacSince'85
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPNFRK7 View Post
I don't know if you can without logging into the router. There might be an app out there but I haven't heard of one. The only way I knew it was the 2.4ghz antenna was because it wasn't working on both of my routers. You could try borrowing a router from a friend to test it out.
My mini did not work on my 2.4 ghz or the 2.4 ghz at my gym. I did not get a chance to try it on 5.0 ghz, nor do I know anyone who has a 5.0 ghz router I could test it on. I just figured it would probably be wise to test these things every once in a while and particularly as the critical points in the warranty approach (3 months and 1 year).
MacSince'85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 09:59 AM   #28
RamonMM
macrumors newbie

Hi I have the sams problem and I hope they can change mi ipad mini for a new one. I just have a problem, I bought it at best buy and I cant find the receipt! Will I be able to get a new one.
RamonMM is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting