Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
I would like to search a thread of mine by searching within my subscribed threads or threads that I've started, but is that even possible? It takes too hard to scroll through.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I would like to search a thread of mine by searching within my subscribed threads or threads that I've started, but is that even possible? It takes too hard to scroll through.

If I understand you correctly, you want to search within a thread for a particular word or phrase, is that correct?

If so, at the top of the thread page in the menu, use 'Search this thread'.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 7.13.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 7.13.36 PM.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 98

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
I know how to get to my subcriptions. But I created a thread really far back and I don't feel like reading the titles of every thread I created to find that particular thread, and wish I could search with a keyword that shows which of my threads had that keyword either in its thread title or thread posts.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I know how to get to my subcriptions. But I created a thread really far back and I don't feel like reading the titles of every thread I created to find that particular thread, and wish I could search with a keyword that shows which of my threads had that keyword either in its thread title or thread posts.

Okay, easy enough. Go to Advanced Search and fill in the boxes at the top and set it to look at thread titles and your username. There are more filtering options below as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 7.26.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 7.26.41 PM.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 81
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.