Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stchman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
St. Louis, MO
There are a lot of people that won't buy an Apple from anyone but Apple or the Apple Store.

I got my MBA from Macmall and it comes with the identical 1 year warranty that the ones purchased from the Apple directly.

As far as the OP, will Apple honor the 1 year warranty from the date of purchase for your refurb? If yes, then all is good.

lixuelai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
Believe what you want, but simply google the refurbished_outlet account and you'll find several different websites all vouching that it is indeed Apple's eBay account. And as for your quote above, the laptop comes with the same 14-day return policy and comes with a genuine Apple 1 year warranty. So it literally is identical to purchasing from the Apple refurb site. I'll take my experience with the eBay account and everything else I've read over your empty suggestion that it is a third-party account because you have no grounds or evidence that suggets any of that. You are blindly suggesting that it is not Apple when you have obviously never dealt with nor researched the account.

People have asked refurbished_outlet directly and they claim they are an authorized 3rd party seller of Apple products. Now maybe they are indeed owned by Apple and just denying it however there is no concrete proof either way. Anyway the stuff they sell have full warranty so honestly who cares.

WillPwr

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2011
Just got mine today and it looks brand new and has 0 battery cycles. The power accessories seem to be new too. I checked the warranty with my serial number via apple's site and its a full year apple warranty with the option for apple car as well.

I have to update it to 10.8.3 from 10.8.2, but I would expect the same would be for even a new one from most of retailers.

I was a bit hesitant at first, but its was worth it...even with CA tax, I still saved over $100 from the Best Buy $999.99 + tax deal from last week.

Will

sostoobad

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2011
Boston
Just got mine today and it looks brand new and has 0 battery cycles. The power accessories seem to be new too. I checked the warranty with my serial number via apple's site and its a full year apple warranty with the option for apple car as well.

I have to update it to 10.8.3 from 10.8.2, but I would expect the same would be for even a new one from most of retailers.

I was a bit hesitant at first, but its was worth it...even with CA tax, I still saved over $100 from the Best Buy $999.99 + tax deal from last week.

Will
I just got mine too, I am convinced it is new too, why ? it looks and feels new, plus Apple has sold quite a few, my thinking is, they call them refurb and they cover themselves, same warranty, same return policy too.
Same Apple care available. $899.00 free ship+ no tax, at least where I am, great value.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.