Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Oct 29, 2013, 06:18 PM   #126
zainjetha
macrumors 6502a

We should be able to transfer purchases from one ID to another. This is just a pain in the backside, and Apple's stubborn refusal to acknowledge the issue adds fuel to my anger.
zainjetha is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2013, 06:46 PM   #127
phrehdd
macrumors 68000

Perhaps an easier way to handle some facets of this is to allow "transfer of product license or ownership" between accounts.

As example, if you have more than one iTunes account or another type of Mac ID, you would take what you bought and transfer the ownership of those items until you empty out the account. This doesn't solve everything but its a good start. I know when I started I used a non Mac account for iTunes and later got a Mac ID/account.

Candidly, Apple doesn't have to do it all at once. But they certainly could have made inroads. The word that comes to mind is 'pathetic' that Apple would like to be consider so advance and forward thinking and still lets these issues hang. - What an inexcusable debacle on Apple's part.
phrehdd is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2013, 01:03 PM   #128
TrashCanBin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrehdd View Post
Perhaps an easier way to handle some facets of this is to allow "transfer of product license or ownership" between accounts.

As example, if you have more than one iTunes account or another type of Mac ID, you would take what you bought and transfer the ownership of those items until you empty out the account. This doesn't solve everything but its a good start. I know when I started I used a non Mac account for iTunes and later got a Mac ID/account.

Candidly, Apple doesn't have to do it all at once. But they certainly could have made inroads. The word that comes to mind is 'pathetic' that Apple would like to be consider so advance and forward thinking and still lets these issues hang. - What an inexcusable debacle on Apple's part.
Because their backend sucks ass. We are lucky they managed to keep it in one piece as it is.
TrashCanBin is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2013, 06:52 PM   #129
ManhattanBeach
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainjetha View Post
We should be able to transfer purchases from one ID to another. This is just a pain in the backside, and Apple's stubborn refusal to acknowledge the issue adds fuel to my anger.
the sad part is apple simply doesn't have any incentive to do this
ManhattanBeach is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion