Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:04 AM   #76
hyteckit

I have the @Gamer digital subscription magazine.

Fonts are too small to read without having to zoom. Well, I can read it, but it does look fuzzy at that size.

I actually don't mind tapping and zooming in digital magazines because of the layout.

PDF files on the other hand can get annoying after a way having to zoom, scroll, and pan.

Will definitely upgrade to a retina screen iPad mini when it comes out.

Right now, I'm enjoying my iPad Mini size and weigh.
hyteckit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:08 PM   #77
ptram
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I used to have a nook and bought the Barnes and Noble stuff I had a kindle I bought amazon.
I have a Nook, but cannot buy books from B&N where I live. So I buy them from Amazon and other sources. Then I convert Amazon books to ePub, and read them on my Nook or any other reader.

On the iPad, I can read books in Amazon Kindle's native format, and ePubs with Apple iBook. There is a lot of flexibility with the iPad.

Paolo
ptram is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:15 PM   #78
Quantus
macrumors regular

I've found that the sepia theme in iBooks helps to mask some of the font-fuzz. Also, that the Iowan and Times Roman fonts work best with sepia and small text.

Not an ideal solution but at least makes reading more tolerable.

Last edited by Quantus; Nov 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM.
Quantus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:11 PM   #79
tytbody
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptram View Post
I have a Nook, but cannot buy books from B&N where I live. So I buy them from Amazon and other sources. Then I convert Amazon books to ePub, and read them on my Nook or any other reader.

On the iPad, I can read books in Amazon Kindle's native format, and ePubs with Apple iBook. There is a lot of flexibility with the iPad.

Paolo
I try to tell people like I did last night. Give the Kindle to her daughter and get an ipad mini. Thanks for telling me about those different ways that make this the best purchase for a tablet.
tytbody is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:06 PM   #80
ArthurWellsley
macrumors newbie

If you live in the UK

If you live in the UK and are disgusted with Amazon not paying tax properly perhaps you should boycott this immoral company, purchase an ipad mini delete the kindle app, and buy your books from other sources such as Waterstones or the Apple store.
ArthurWellsley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:49 AM   #81
ptram
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurWellsley View Post
If you live in the UK and are disgusted with Amazon not paying tax properly perhaps you should boycott this immoral company, purchase an ipad mini
Apple is accused of tax fraud in the USA. So, I would call this a close match!

Paolo
ptram is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:13 AM   #82
N0ddie
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurWellsley View Post
If you live in the UK and are disgusted with Amazon not paying tax properly perhaps you should boycott this immoral company, purchase an ipad mini delete the kindle app, and buy your books from other sources such as Waterstones or the Apple store.
So you wanna boycott companies that "play the system" with regard to paying taxes? Your naive if you think its limited to the massive companies like S'bucks, Amazon etc.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad