Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:25 PM   #1
puma1552
macrumors 68040

Where the heck are my apps?

Most current iTunes, have iOS 6.0.1 on my iPhone 4S. Bought a brand new iPad tonight, plugged it in, updated to 6.0.1, went to sync my apps, none in iTunes to sync.

Plugged in phone, apps are on phone, no apps in iTunes.

I've been searching around and found this seems to be a problem with iOS 6. As far as iTunes is concerned, the apps are gone. Nothing I've seen online seems to be a cause nor solution.

I'm pissed, because I have a brand new iPad and can't put any apps on it since they apparently are vaporware!

Where are my apps??
puma1552 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:11 AM   #2
Mrg02d
Banned

You have to buy them again, for the iPad...
Mrg02d is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:18 AM   #3
Baggio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
Most current iTunes, have iOS 6.0.1 on my iPhone 4S. Bought a brand new iPad tonight, plugged it in, updated to 6.0.1, went to sync my apps, none in iTunes to sync.

Plugged in phone, apps are on phone, no apps in iTunes.

I've been searching around and found this seems to be a problem with iOS 6. As far as iTunes is concerned, the apps are gone. Nothing I've seen online seems to be a cause nor solution.

I'm pissed, because I have a brand new iPad and can't put any apps on it since they apparently are vaporware!

Where are my apps??
First, do you sync your apps with iTunes or do you use iCloud?

Second, when you plugged in your iPad and conected to iTunes, did you select the ipad, then click on the apps tab and check the apps you wanted to sync to your iPad?
Baggio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:25 AM   #4
Puonti
macrumors 6502

As long as you entered the same Apple ID on your iPad that you use on your iPhone, if you open App Store on your iPad and tap on the Purchased tab at the bottom you should get a list of all the universal apps you've bought for your iPhone. Any apps that were only intended for the iPhone will be missing from this list as far as I know.
Puonti is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:19 PM   #5
puma1552
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puonti View Post
As long as you entered the same Apple ID on your iPad that you use on your iPhone, if you open App Store on your iPad and tap on the Purchased tab at the bottom you should get a list of all the universal apps you've bought for your iPhone. Any apps that were only intended for the iPhone will be missing from this list as far as I know.
Thanks, but just one shows upmthere.

They are gone in iTunes

EDIT: Baggio, I think so but I'll try later on tonight and see.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:56 PM   #6
puma1552
macrumors 68040

yea no apps, everythings completely gone. pissing me ogff since i have nothing loaded onto my new iPad
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:17 PM   #7
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Did you try plugging in your phone, selecting it in iTunes, right-clicking it, and select transfer purchases?

Also, is your computer authorized with your iTunes acccount?
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:41 PM   #8
puma1552
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Spring View Post
Did you try plugging in your phone, selecting it in iTunes, right-clicking it, and select transfer purchases?

Also, is your computer authorized with your iTunes acccount?
Yep, I ended up just going this route, not sure what happened but that seems to have gotten me back on track.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad