Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Sep 10, 2013, 07:14 PM   #1
theheadguy
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to theheadguy
Any discussion on lack of secrecy?

I notice that MR rarely focuses on things 'after-the-fact'. For example, we had countless articles leading up to the release of the film JOBS -- so much so that the forums were filled with endless complaints by many, many members. But after, I recall just a single post saying the opening was under projections. It's undisputed that the film was a flop despite some of the most heavy marketing for any opening indie film. Why not follow up and acknowledge that? Ask why? Look for feedback from those who saw it?

Also, are you planning on posting an article that really follows up on Cook's "doubling down on secrecy"? Since he said that, almost NOTHING has been a secret -- if anything, secrecy has been cut in half! Why not acknowledge such things? Why not follow up on his statement?

Now is a good time to start a discussion on how and WHY almost nothing was a secret today. Is it planned leaks? Unplanned? I'm looking for some more depth in your articles... I know it's there somewhere.
theheadguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback