Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markus843

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to get Logic pro 9, and I heard it takes up over 50Gb of storage?! Is this true? and if so, what's in the 50GB's?

Tokenboomer

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to get Logic pro 9, and I heard it takes up over 50Gb of storage?! Is this true? and if so, what's in the 50GB's?

It's a little over 40 Gb I think but it might be more (it been a while since I installed it). Most of that is either samples for the EXS24 or Apple Loops. That takes a lot of memory.

If you don't have an immediate need for Logic 9, I'd wait. Logic 10 is overdue and should be out soon. That way you'll avoid buying 9 and then having to shell out more for the upgrade.

markus843

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
It's a little over 40 Gb I think but it might be more (it been a while since I installed it). Most of that is either samples for the EXS24 or Apple Loops. That takes a lot of memory.

If you don't have an immediate need for Logic 9, I'd wait. Logic 10 is overdue and should be out soon. That way you'll avoid buying 9 and then having to shell out more for the upgrade.

Thanks for the advice

wdnewman

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Sunny South
Logic 10

And then again, you may be waiting for a long, long time. It all depends if you want to put off doing projects until this comes on the market. Personally, I went ahead and just bought it. No regrets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.