Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemacuser7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2013
Mozambique
Hello,

I was trying to help my dad with backing up emails, and was trying out different applications on my mac. I downloaded Email Backup Pro(http://www.emailbackuppro.com), and tried it but it didn't work. I deleted it and forgot about it till the next day when it was scheduled to backup. It started backing up at 12:00 and failed(like always), but it is really irritating because it quits mail and then there is this stupid little box that says "view errors" and it won't go away until I click on it. It then opens console and then I have to quit that.

I have tried reinstalling it then using appcleaner to remove it but it still does this every day at 12:00 :mad:. I have also tried installing it and setting the schedule to never but it wont let me, you have to have at least one day a week. I have tried everything i can think of but I cant get rid of it. Please help.

iThinksimple

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
have you tried to uninstall app and then repair osx permission on disk utility, it may help,

IMHO, i think, you better contact the application developer,
due to this application is unpopular that might have only a few users,

bdrake47

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2012
Have you tried this? DELETE APPS

Obviously, appcleaner isn't doing what it's title says (many of those "cleaner" apps don't really work as well as they'd have you believe).

applemacuser7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2013
Mozambique
Thanks for the replies.

I tried everything you guys said but it still didn't work so I opened activity monitor and waited for 12:00 when the app runs, I then tracked it and found the files and deleted them, so I think it is gone forever :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.